End of an era...???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup.
Some forums have sections for anything goes, whereas some keep things brand specific...and I totally get that.

Most folks here get it.

Some think the Official PRS Guitar Forum, sponsored by PRS, is a general guitar forum.

I'm always puzzled by that. It's not.

There's The Gear Page, Vintage Rocker, and many, many other generalized guitar forums for posting and sharing one's enthusiasm about any guitar one would like to.

Last edited:
Yeah, because this is Paul's house. You wouldn't bring your new guitar that isn't a PRS to show Paul at his house if you were his guest.

I hope.

Wouldn't be the best manners. ;)

Off topic, but I want to add that you won't see a lot of trash-talking other brands because, if you're like me, and post a NGD that isn't a PRS in the General Discussion forum because you want to share your excitement for your new musical instrument, the mods will delete it.

While I fully agree Les, I think it's really the way it is to prevent the trash talking. Last time I was at the factory, someone brought in a vintage Tele for Paul to see. I think Paul asked him to bring it. He's never shied away from putting his brand up against anything else. He did that shootout tour at a bunch of stores and put the PRS against classic vintage instruments.

Not posting other brand guitars just gets rid of the bickering that you typically see rise up on general guitar forums. This is better than that, blah, blah, blah. And honestly, there's a bunch of non brand guitar forums to post other guitars in. I don't really wanna read about other guitars here. :confused:

Last time I was at the factory, someone brought in a vintage Tele for Paul to see. I think Paul asked him to bring it. He's never shied away from putting his brand up against anything else. He did that shootout tour at a bunch of stores and put the PRS against classic vintage instruments.

No. Paul sees PRS only. End of discussion. ;)

Not posting other brand guitars just gets rid of the bickering that you typically see rise up on general guitar forums. This is better than that, blah, blah, blah.

It's interesting you say that because, in my post that was deleted, I stated that I wasn't going to write up anything about what I liked, disliked, etc... I just posted pictures and specs because General Discussion.

Guys, I'm not trying to start anything. It's just at this point I don't see the difference between "Electric Instruments" and "General Discussion" if they're both PRS-only. I'm sorry, I didn't know.

We were talking about the tone of the forum, and I felt the need to bring up the "PRS-snob" moniker (one of which I'm guilty of 99% of the time).

No. Paul sees PRS only. End of discussion. ;)

It's interesting you say that because, in my post that was deleted, I stated that I wasn't going to write up anything about what I liked, disliked, etc... I just posted pictures and specs because General Discussion.

Guys, I'm not trying to start anything. It's just at this point I don't see the difference between "Electric Instruments" and "General Discussion" if they're both PRS-only. I'm sorry, I didn't know.

We were talking about the tone of the forum, and I felt the need to bring up the "PRS-snob" moniker (one of which I'm guilty of 99% of the time).

OK, I think that is enough forum bashing for the moment.

For the record, Paul, the person, loves guitars - all guitars. He has and has had prime examples of every iconic guitar made. He studies them. He wants to know what makes them sound so good or why they sound the way they do. Anyone who thinks Paul is disdainful of other guitars clearly has not met and does not understand the man or the company philosophy.

What follows is my opinion: Not the official PRS forum opinion - just the opinion of me, rugerpc:

As for the forum, this is a company sponsored forum. It is here free of charge for people to talk about PRS guitars and amps. That includes comparing them to other brands - either favorably or even unfavorably. The forum is NOT here for people to showcase competing brands. That kind of stuff belongs in non-company sponsored forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back