Dark Side Of The Moon/Total Eclipse Of The Sun

If you look at that video where they are zooming in on a sunrise and sunset you will see something very interesting worthy of further research. To the normal eye the sun is below the water. When you zoom in you see the sun above the water. This means you are seeing farther than your normal eye can see but it should be far enough away that it should be below the horizon. You are actually seeing the sun above the water because it is so far away. The part where it shows clouds in front of and behind the sun is fascinating because it seems impossible if the sun is really that far away. (93 million miles) It's kind of like a rainbow, you can drive and try to find it but you never can. I've been driving and see the sun shining through clouds like it is directly over it. You keep driving but you never get to where the sun is even though you're driving at 70+ mph. People looking into this think it's possibly a simulation of your eye of site wherever you are. Whatever it is if you get a high zoom camera you can see farther than you should. Farther than you should be able to if the earth was curved.

Some good evidence here.

Look man... I have tried to stay out of this, out of respect for you, and the rest of the forum... but the logic being used in these videos is no different that the "common sense" label politicians use to manipulate people into believing things that just aren't logically, scientifically and statistically true. When some politician says "common sense", you need to stop and put on your reading glasses... because you are being lied to.

Please take a step back and go enroll in a physics course to educate yourself on how things work. PLEASE!

And let's get back to talking about PRS and all forms of guitars and music. :)

Look man... I have tried to stay out of this, out of respect for you, and the rest of the forum... but the logic being used in these videos is no different that the "common sense" label politicians use to manipulate people into believing things that just aren't logically, scientifically and statistically true. When some politician says "common sense", you need to stop and put on your reading glasses... because you are being lied to.

Please take a step back and go enroll in a physics course to educate yourself on how things work. PLEASE!

I respectfully disagree.

This.

I'll add: very little that is said about a whole host of things - weather, climate, how and why certain crops grow well in certain soils, economics, population dynamics, casus belli, and higher-level Math - by "popular" commentators and politicians in explanations aimed at the common man/woman can properly be called adequate, accurate or even correct in the first place.

Which means that they don't understand these mechanisms either.

So, as you say: back to the important stuff.

Crgtr is driving up today from Nashville and spending the night with us in Hoosierland. We are dead center of the 30 mile wide path of the eclipse. Chris is bringing those funny glasses for Lisa and me.

I also suspect that there will be a bunch of git pickin’ as well. I’m hoping to learn a couple of new licks, cause crgtr is a bad mofo!

🌗🌚🌓+🎸🎸🎸

Last edited:

Please what? I would be telling the physics teacher what's what. BTW why is the shadow from the "moon" so small during an eclipse? shouldn't it be bigger?

Have you even watched any of the videos posted here. You might learn a little something if you put in some effort.

What is the philosophy of intellectual dishonesty you ask?

Intellectual dishonesty refers to a lack of integrity in the pursuit or communication of ideas, knowledge, or information. It involves intentionally misrepresenting, omitting, or manipulating facts, arguments, or evidence to deceive or mislead others.

That pic of the moon over the earth at 5:48 has been debunked as a total fake pic. The only people that believe it collect star wars figurines and sleep with a lifesize doll of chewbacca.

0_Chewbacca.jpg

That pic of the moon over the earth at 5:48 has been debunked as a total fake pic. The only people that believe it collect star wars figurines and sleep with a lifesize doll of chewbacca.
I think it's even stranger that you kept a pic of Chewey to insult people 😆

Oh the irony!!!!

No I'm not going in a dark room to play with balls. That's for the 18th century Genies.
Well, you don't believe in round things so you must have had some kind of vasectomy, right? In your case, you play with your tiny pancakes and fantasize of a flat earth... 😉

Last edited:
I think it's even stranger that you kept a pic of Chewey to insult people 😆

Oh the irony!!!!

Well, you don't believe in round things so you must have had some kind of vasectomy, right? In your case, you play with your tiny pancakes and fantasize of a flat earth... 😉
😷 Wow, you just tested positive for Stupid-19.

Starting soon. Clear sky but we only get 36% occlusion here in CA. Worth a quick peek though.

Back