Dark Side Of The Moon/Total Eclipse Of The Sun

Ever really think about this?
Altair in Aquila, the eagle, and Arcturus in Boötes, the herdsman, are two bright, naked-eye stars that have relatively high proper-motion values (0.66 and 2.28 arc seconds per year, respectively). This you can check with minimum equipment or expertise.

Two dimmer stars, named Tarazed and Alshain, flank Altair. In the modern sky, these stars form a bent line, with Altair in the middle — as if those flanking stars are the eagle's "ears." A thousand years ago, Altair sat directly between them, and in Babylonian times, Altair was "below" them, making the two flanking stars seem more like "antennae."

In fact apps like Star walk 2 let you check the position of celestial bodies throughout history; so no, sorry, mainstream science does not say that the sky configuration does not change over time. That video is just BS

Altair in Aquila, the eagle, and Arcturus in Boötes, the herdsman, are two bright, naked-eye stars that have relatively high proper-motion values (0.66 and 2.28 arc seconds per year, respectively). This you can check with minimum equipment or expertise.

Two dimmer stars, named Tarazed and Alshain, flank Altair. In the modern sky, these stars form a bent line, with Altair in the middle — as if those flanking stars are the eagle's "ears." A thousand years ago, Altair sat directly between them, and in Babylonian times, Altair was "below" them, making the two flanking stars seem more like "antennae."

In fact apps like Star walk 2 let you check the position of celestial bodies throughout history; so no, sorry, mainstream science does not say that the sky configuration does not change over time. That video is just BS
If we are travelling through space, wouldn't the moon have to speed up and slow down to keep up with the earth. It's supposed to be orbiting. Also when the earth goes around the sun, wouldn't noon begin to change to midnight etc since the earth is on the other side of the sun. It doesn't do that which is a red flag.

If we are travelling through space, wouldn't the moon have to speed up and slow down to keep up with the earth. It's supposed to be orbiting.
Get into a plane. When in mid-flight you are moving at around 575 mph or 926 km/h. Now go to the cockpit's door and run from there to to the plane's tail, opposite to the direction of the plane's movement. Add some jumps to make it more interesting (just do not knock your head on the ceiling). Once you reach the tail, run once again to the cockpit. Did you need to speed up once again to those 575 mph to keep up with the plane? No, you are already moving at that speed even when running in the opposite direction. Same applies to the moon orbiting the earth.

Also when the earth goes around the sun, wouldn't noon begin to change to midnight etc since the earth is on the other side of the sun
Sorry, that I did not understand :D

The earth going around the sun in a whole year. If it went around the sun and coming back the other way, the times would gradually become opposite because it is on the other side of the sun. It would also have to speed up and slow down depending on which way it was orbiting. It's not like being on a plane and walking through it. It's like orbiting a plane moving through the sky. It would be different speeds depending on which way you were orbiting.

The moon could me made of nothing. Just a light in the sky that goes through phases. Haven't you seen it where it looks transparent in a blue sky?

It will be interesting during the eclipse to see if the moon is visible as it nears the sun. The sun shouldn't block it out all the way on the side.

So, a friend is going to a party where Moon Pies and Sunny Delight will be served.

And right now the forecast calls for clear skies in the afternoon, so we may get a clear view. I am concerned that it'll remain cloudy further west, so a lot of people will be anxiously trying to cross town.

I'm tempted to buy some film this weekend and break out my old 35mm cameras.

So, a friend is going to a party where Moon Pies and Sunny Delight will be served.

And right now the forecast calls for clear skies in the afternoon, so we may get a clear view. I am concerned that it'll remain cloudy further west, so a lot of people will be anxiously trying to cross town.

I'm tempted to buy some film this weekend and break out my old 35mm cameras.

Some of the best advice I've read about taking pics of the eclipse is...don't. Let the pros do it while you soak in the experience. So against my usual nature, that's what I'm going to do. I may do a time lapse video of the area where we're at - depends how crowded and noisy it is.

Some of the best advice I've read about taking pics of the eclipse is...don't. Let the pros do it while you soak in the experience. So against my usual nature, that's what I'm going to do. I may do a time lapse video of the area where we're at - depends how crowded and noisy it is.
Yeah. It's tempting, though, especially as I haven't used my film cameras in a while. But as a friend said in a recent video meeting (same one going to the Moon Pie / Sunny Delight party), "Eh, NASA can take better photos of it than I can."

I like the time lapse idea. I may try that. Not pointed at the sun, but the general scene. Thanks.

Back