Core Mira?

My first core was a beat to snot Mira. They’re 24 fret SG’s on steroids, and you don’t need to change anything. I sold mine to get a trem PRS which I still have. I could never get the sound of a cranked Mira out of my head. Last year I circled back and bought a vintage mahogany one. This one stays. I’ve never played another guitar that sounds like one. As my luthier says,” If I had done a big rock gig, I would have bought a Mira and a Marshall and never looked back.”

I have owned a few of these including a very nice “custom”. They seem like they would be the perfect guitar for me but I was never able to bond with them. I like the stock Mira pickups though.

So this is for sale locally, and it kinda struck my fancy. It seems a bit pricy at a bit over $1,500. It’s a 2008 Core Mira in vintage cherry per the ad. I don’t know a lot about Miras, I’d like a stoptail dual humbucker guitar, and I’m kinda leaning to the LP/594/245 scale length. The bridge doesn’t look like others I’ve seen in photos of 2008 core Mira’s. They all look fixed, and this looks adjustable? Is it stock? Would you fine folks like to send me to Mira School?

y59rnk3.jpg

I've been watching this one on CL for a while now. If things were different, I would have already at least gone to check it out in person. I do think I'd probably offer a couple hundred less, though...

I've been watching this one on CL for a while now. If things were different, I would have already at least gone to check it out in person. I do think I'd probably offer a couple hundred less, though...
Ahhh, you are close to me then. As I said when I kicked this off, I’m intrigued. I think two or three hunert less is the range, just from checking reverb and stuff. CL around here is funny. People post things at high prices. The things don’t sell, and the ads get refreshed every couple days, but the prices stay the same. I drop the price until it sells or until I hit my rock bottom price. If it still doesn’t sell I pull the ad.

I need to learn to play the one guitar I have first anyway. I learned a lot from this thread though.

Isn’t there a site or tool that gives PRS build configuration from the serial number? modCat or something like that? Can “civilians” access it? The above guitar has me drooling, even if it is a burst instead of opaque. I could be ok with that. Thanks @21Hemispheres12.

Isn’t there a site or tool that gives PRS build configuration from the serial number? modCat or something like that? Can “civilians” access it? The above guitar has me drooling, even if it is a burst instead of opaque. I could be ok with that. Thanks @21Hemispheres12.
You can email PRS customer service the serial number and they’ll tell you all the specs. If you have the mod cat this site should decode it for you.

The only thing there’d be to know about that maple-top Mira is the neck carve. The seller has the hang tag in a photo, so all you’d have to do is ask them.

Back