Core Mira?

Here’s the only damage I can see in the photos. There may be some rash on the body edges, it’s hard to tell from the photos.

2UUrrC7.jpg

I say do it. Mira’s are hella fun guitars.
And surprisingly cheap. I was thinking about trading mine a while back and when I found out that in this crazy blown up prices on everything market they are only worth about $1400 I didn't go any further. It's a very good guitar and I see other models selling for a lot more, so if it's not "primo" trade bait, I'll keep it.

And surprisingly cheap. I was thinking about trading mine a while back and when I found out that in this crazy blown up prices on everything market they are only worth about $1400 I didn't go any further. It's a very good guitar and I see other models selling for a lot more, so if it's not "primo" trade bait, I'll keep it.
And to think, I paid less than $600 for mine. Although, it looked like it came out of the bottom of an ashtray in a Nashville bar.

So this is for sale locally, and it kinda struck my fancy. It seems a bit pricy at a bit over $1,500. It’s a 2008 Core Mira in vintage cherry per the ad. I don’t know a lot about Miras, I’d like a stoptail dual humbucker guitar, and I’m kinda leaning to the LP/594/245 scale length. The bridge doesn’t look like others I’ve seen in photos of 2008 core Mira’s. They all look fixed, and this looks adjustable? Is it stock? Would you fine folks like to send me to Mira School?

y59rnk3.jpg
I had a 2008 in the same finish with moons. It had the fixed stoptail bridge so they must have replaced. Mine is still for sale at the shop where I traded it. I think they are asking $1,300 for it.

I would definitely ask for a better deal than $1500 given the headstock damage.
I would too.

I had an '08 Mira, it was great. I sold it to get a CU22 semi hollow, and actually thought the Mira was cooler. Mine was dead mint, sold it around 2010 for $1000.

I think that one is overpriced, given the headstock damage. Also that one looks like the vintage mahogany color, not vintage cherry, but it could be the pic.

I would too.

I had an '08 Mira, it was great. I sold it to get a CU22 semi hollow, and actually thought the Mira was cooler. Mine was dead mint, sold it around 2010 for $1000.

I think that one is overpriced, given the headstock damage. Also that one looks like the vintage mahogany color, not vintage cherry, but it could be the pic.

I remember the days when you couldn’t give them away. They used to be sub $1000 all the time. I got my old Korina Mira in 2019 for $1100. Those are all over 2k these days

I remember the days when you couldn’t give them away. They used to be sub $1000 all the time. I got my old Korina Mira in 2019 for $1100. Those are all over 2k these days
It's funny how one sometimes takes great stuff for granted, without realizing it could go out of production and become highly sought after.

I've sold way too many fantastic guitars too cheaply.

I’d really like a Korina model but I can’t bring myself to pay the price most sellers are asking. The core Mira is a crazy value to me on the used market though, to be able to get a US made core PRS for $1500 and under is pretty crazy nowadays.

Here’s the only damage I can see in the photos. There may be some rash on the body edges, it’s hard to tell from the photos.

2UUrrC7.jpg
Given the damage, asking price, and availability of Core Miras for less I'd see how willing the seller is to negotiate while considering others.

Since we're sharing prices, mine was a little over $900 with taxes, found used at a GC.

A few weeks ago I saw one for around $1,500 at a local (Ohio) Sam Ash. It looked to be in excellent shape. I haven't found that store's used listing on the company's site, though.

I’d really like a Korina model but I can’t bring myself to pay the price most sellers are asking. The core Mira is a crazy value to me on the used market though, to be able to get a US made core PRS for $1500 and under is pretty crazy nowadays.

The Korina one was incredible. It weighed practically nothing. I put some 57/08’s in, which is how it should come stock, and it was incredible!

This seems like a solid buy....

Paul Reed Smith "Core" Mira 2009 - Vintage Cherry https://reverb.com/item/66679431?ut...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=66679431
This is the one I would go for

This is the one I would go for

Yes I saw that one too while browsing.
I don't think anyone would go far wrong with either IMHO.

Back