Mira X a good idea in this case?

Going Modal

I should be practicing right now.
I've got an idea/concept for a guitar featuring 59/09 pickups (either factory-stock or I will retrofit them) that goes a little something like this:

1. Double-cut body
2. Dual humbuckers
3. 245 scale
4. Stoptail bridge
5. Rock out...!!!

Guitars that I know meet these criteria are Paul's Dirty 100, the DC-22, the Ted McCarty DC 245, and--significantly more affordable than those--the Mira X. The obvious point here being that the Mira X could be the ticket to a budget-friendly 59/09-based setup.

Can anybody confirm or deny whether this might be a worthwhile venture in this regard? (I know, I know--this is kind of like asking for an "Amen!" from the church choir.) Speak now, or forever hold your peace...

Yes! Fantastic guitar. I definitely miss the one I had.

I put my 57/08’s in it for awhile and man did that thing rock. I traded it with a few other others to get my CU24 back. If I could have kept it I definitely would have.

843XRYW.jpg

When I got rid of it, it had SD PRails in it

Krne5gO.jpg

Most of the specs are right on with something I want these days. The wood choices always worried me though. When they came out, I always wished they’d used mahogany or korina. Never have seen one in the wild to try out.

Do it. I'm looking for the right Core Mira 'cos the SE Mira I have is sooo good!!

P90 would kill in that platform.

Most of the specs are right on with something I want these days. The wood choices always worried me though. When they came out, I always wished they’d used mahogany or korina. Never have seen one in the wild to try out.

I get that. The woods were used to keep the price extremely low. This was the precursor to the S2 line.

I had one for about a year. I wound up moving it along because it was too light..it felt like a toy. It sounded okay, after I put a set of Antiquities in it, but I just never bonded with it. All of the electric guitars I own, are between 7 and 8 pounds. The only exception is my Vela, which is just under 7 pounds…I had to really hunt to find that one, as they are almost all under 7 pounds!

Okay, well... I'm guilty AF over here! New guitar in the house:

XMO2--SXPDS_SP_N4-43

I kind of expected to be immediately swapping some hot pickups into it (well, hot-ish, like 59/09), but I've gotta say these Mira pickups are super impressive medium/low-output. Not real hot but very much in the direction of my favorites, the 57/08's. I dig this thing! Extremely lightweight and comfortable ("tossable," I would almost say) but it's still well-balanced on the lap or hanging on a strap.

Back