Considering Purchasing Custom 24 Wood Library- want to know thoughts on pickups, finish, etc.

Albeit simple, the control layout for the Cu24 fits the needs of many bamboozling players out there. It sure looks authentic to me and stunning nonetheless. For that $$ I'd still verify with PRS re: serial ##

Being a fellow 408 owner, I prefer to have the option of the individual toggles for the added versatility so I'd opt for a 24-08 if I could find one. Are you comfortable on 24 fret PRS? They're a little more squished feeling than the 408's at 22. Food for thought. Beautiful guitar gonna make someone very happy.
Exactly the type of comment I was looking for. I don't know if I've ever spent much time on a 24 fret PRS as my SE and old 408 are both 22. I think I gravitate towards more room, but don't know where I'd feel the difference the most.

Yes I'd definitely enjoy the toggles. I've read that some people see the 408 as more of a narrow range tonally to the CU24 even though it has more combinations.

It's hard to buy something on looks and spec without trying it. But IDK... if it doesn't work out I could probably sell it to one of you guys for 15 percent less than I paid for it, right?

And for comparison, I have a 408 as well...

YImUN9V.jpeg
What a top on that one, and a matching strap!

I would verify what type of RW neck that has. I’ve yet to see a WL run with a full BRW neck. Typically, WL runs will use an Indian RW neck with a Braz fretboard.

It is a stunning guitar whether it is Indian or Brazilian RW!
Update: I pulled the trigger on this guitar! I'm following your advice and reached out to PRS to verify that it's real Brazzy neck and everything checks out. Apparently it was ordered by a Hollywood Music Producer and is a one off, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Can any of you eyeball it and tell whether it's genuine Brazilian RW?
Satin tops don’t suit everyone. I have a couple and like them.
For a while Paul insisted that the satin finish subtracted less from the guitar sound wise.
Do you agree with him? I guess the look isn't quite the iconic PRS look- it seems like a futuristic PRS somehow

I would verify what type of RW neck that has. I’ve yet to see a WL run with a full BRW neck. Typically, WL runs will use an Indian RW neck with a Braz fretboard.

It is a stunning guitar whether it is Indian or Brazilian RW!
You were right!

Serial# 21 0324566 is a 2021 Wood Library Custom 24, with a Quilted Maple 10-top, Swamp Ash back, East Indian Rosewood neck with a Wide-Thin profile, Brazilian Rosewood fretboard with bird inlays, gen 3 tremolo bridge, \m/ treble and bass pickups, finished in Jade with Green Burst, with smoked black hardware. - From PRS

Kind of disappointing as I'm looking for a rare all BR neck. Still a looker, but... I don't appreciate false advertising

Update: I pulled the trigger on this guitar! I'm following your advice and reached out to PRS to verify that it's real Brazzy neck and everything checks out. Apparently it was ordered by a Hollywood Music Producer and is a one off, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Can any of you eyeball it and tell whether it's genuine Brazilian RW?

Do you agree with him? I guess the look isn't quite the iconic PRS look- it seems like a futuristic PRS somehow
I do like the sound of both of the ones I own, but my ear isn’t good enough to say the satin finish makes a difference.

The Seller is telling me that it is in the Paperwork, but I have to wait a few days for them to forward the paperwork to me. I tend to trust PRS on this one, but I'm going to wait to see how it plays out

You were right!

Serial# 21 0324566 is a 2021 Wood Library Custom 24, with a Quilted Maple 10-top, Swamp Ash back, East Indian Rosewood neck with a Wide-Thin profile, Brazilian Rosewood fretboard with bird inlays, gen 3 tremolo bridge, \m/ treble and bass pickups, finished in Jade with Green Burst, with smoked black hardware. - From PRS

Kind of disappointing as I'm looking for a rare all BR neck. Still a looker, but... I don't appreciate false advertising
Hard to tell from photos. I’ve seen many listings for PRS and other brands that say BRW neck but clearly just meant the fretboard.

I have 3 guitars with full Braz necks currently, photos of their necks below.

Here’s the back of my avatar P245T PS

DBDA2259-22_A2-4_ECD-_A4_BE-_BC4_A7_EF0_A009.jpg

Back of my Koa Sister PS
image.jpg

My Orca 59 Trem
7055-E993-7-EEF-42-D1-9-C53-C53-BA6-CD72-B6.jpg

Stunning guitar. Aquaman would love it! So would I.

Just don't get it wet.

So what are those pickups? 59/09's maybe?

I really don't know much about PRS's newer pickup designs.

I have an Indian rosewood neck 245, and the color matches yours exactly. I don’t honestly feel one (Brazilian/Indian) is better than the other. I do really prefer the two knob 5 way switch setup to the push/pull tone. It’s much easier to change sounds for a solo and then get back to a good rhythm sound when gigging. I also think everyone of us should have a 22 fretter and a 24. The sounds are different enough to warrant both. Likewise different scale lengths. I’m glad you got what should be a superb player, aside from the eye catching beauty that all PRS have.

I have an Indian rosewood neck 245, and the color matches yours exactly. I don’t honestly feel one (Brazilian/Indian) is better than the other. I do really prefer the two knob 5 way switch setup to the push/pull tone. It’s much easier to change sounds for a solo and then get back to a good rhythm sound when gigging. I also think everyone of us should have a 22 fretter and a 24. The sounds are different enough to warrant both. Likewise different scale lengths. I’m glad you got what should be a superb player, aside from the eye catching beauty that all PRS have.
I'm actually still waiting to hear from them about the neck material. I love the look of it but I don't like a seller not being upfront, so I'm not paying for it until they show me the paperwork!

Does your have a pattern thin neck?

No, mine has a wide/fat neck. I could care less about neck sizes. The only PRS I had that bothered me was a 30th Anniversary SE Custom 24. Damn shame, it was a nice guitar.

Back