Sophie Burrell's PRS Custom 24 Wood Library Finish

nyc_dude

I was interested to learn what the finish is on Sophie Burrell's PRS Custom 24 Wood Library Guitar. You have to find a still photo to understand how nice the maple top is. It looks like a Quilt Custom Color, which is way beyond a Custom 24 Core Model with a Ten Top. It seems to be similar to an Orange Tiger or Black Gold Burst, but those guitars have more of a flame or striped maple top, not a Quilted Maple Top. I am looking for that Honey Gold Quilted Maple Top look. This Wood Library has a nice satin roasted flame maple neck.

I found a PRS Dealer near San Diego, California, Pitbull Audio that seem to have a nice selection of PRS Wood Library Guitars. They have a gorgeous one-piece Orange Tiger Quilt Top on a Custom 24-08. Then there are PRS Dealers in the UK that get choice PRS Wood Library Guitars.

Does anyone know if PRS is still shipping new 35th Anniversary Custom 24 Models from 2020-2021? If I can find a 35th Anniversary Wood Library Quilt Top that would be the Holy Grail PRS Guitar. The appointments to include the 85/15 pickups, 24-08 switching circuit, to the Eagle on the headstock and abalone birds are perfect.

Mid-life Crisis in full effect. HaHa.

Cheers

This the one you're talking about? Looks to me like an Artist Package Quilt Custom 24 in Dark Cherry burst, maybe?

GM391-otw-sophie-01@1400x1050.jpg

I think Sophie's Custom 24 is listed as Dark Cherry Sunburst with a Quilt 10 Top.

Don't think PRS are still producing any from the plant, but you may be able to find a few new/used 35th anniversary models on the web - I'd start with Reverb. Wish you well in your search, and FYI Pitbull Audio rocks! I was able to make a few scores from them.

Thanks for adding the photo of Sophie's PRS #1. You would be shocked to see the list of possible finishes...but I am guessing it is something special, since it is a Wood Library. An Artist Package is close to a Wood Library.

Yellow Tiger
Orange Tiger
Fire Red
Angry Larry (Red)
Black Gold
Dark Cherry Sunburst
Copperhead Burst
Autumn Sky
Sunburst Wood Library

Yes, Reverb has a nice assortment of 35th Anniversary Custom 24 Guitars, but finding a Quilt Top is the Unicorn. Might go Ten Top Flame Maple Tiger Stripe to make it easy. But the Hunt is better than the Kill.

Cheers

Thanks for adding the photo of Sophie's PRS #1. You would be shocked to see the list of possible finishes...but I am guessing it is something special, since it is a Wood Library. An Artist Package is close to a Wood Library.
Yeah, the Artist package was "supposedly" discontinued a while ago, but I still see guitars with Artist Package appointments hitting the sites. What gives it away as an Artist Package (to me, at least) is the gold tuning knobs, fancy signature, and highly figured top. I'd have to see the back of the headstock to see to be sure, though.

Wood Library is simply a dealer-spec'd run with various appointments, including the option of an "Artist Grade Top". Although, I remember seeing "Artist Grade Tops" being no longer available a while back....but still see plenty of them hitting the web.

Good luck in your search!

Yellow Tiger
Orange Tiger
Fire Red
Angry Larry (Red)
Black Gold
Dark Cherry Sunburst
Copperhead Burst
Autumn Sky
Sunburst Wood Library

Yes, Reverb has a nice assortment of 35th Anniversary Custom 24 Guitars, but finding a Quilt Top is the Unicorn. Might go Ten Top Flame Maple Tiger Stripe to make it easy. But the Hunt is better than the Kill.

Cheers
I’m 99% sure it’s dark cherry sunburst. Hard to tell if it’s artist package or not but the fretboard looks to be ebony so I’d guess artist.

Artist package isn’t really “below” wood library, it’s just spec’d from PRS instead of having a dealer pick the specs.

Leaning towards Sophie's PRS Custom 22/24 Wood Library being a Custom Color.

Jack is playing a Copperhead Burst Custom 24.

Cheers

Last edited:
Back