New Guitar Day: Wood Library Custom 24

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by HANGAR18, Nov 9, 2019.

1. HANGAR18

HANGAR18 What Would Evel Knievel Do?

I've had quite a few different brands of V's and so far my favorite is the USA Gibby version. I saw a video recently where PRSh said that he wished he had drawn that guitar shape. ;)

2. Hotblack Desiato

Hotblack Desiato New Member

Looks like it was a case of Gear Sells, And One Person's Buying. Plus Dave might be picked up by Gibson.

3. vchizzle

vchizzle Zomb!e Nine, DFZ

Great looking guitar! Frostbite is a PS color though, this is likely grey black fade. Brian has done quite a few wood library PRS in this finish.

HANGAR18 likes this.
  4. HANGAR18

HANGAR18 What Would Evel Knievel Do?

Yes, so it my Absinthe Green Wood Library. That was one of the selling points they mentioned where they specifically requested PS colors be applied to their WL models they ordered. "You get a Private Stock color without the expense of buying a Private Stock" as the sales guys put it. When I was in the store, with all the ruckus going on around me, I did see a tag somewhere which I saw for only a fraction of a second where they had the name of the finish written on it. I couldn't remember the actual name but I do recall thinking that 1.) it was the name of the finish, 2.) it was a finish name I was not familiar with, 3.) my brain did remember only the impression I was left with I would describe as "something cold". Later, at home, I went back through the AMAZING case (which is worthy of also having photos of it posted) but I couldn't find the original hang tags it had on the showroom floor.

The next thing I did was a Bing image search for PRS Frostbite fades for comparison. Yep, that looked like it to me. After that, I hung it next to the Charcoal grey Custom 24 I already had and compared the greyish color tones against each other and noticed that this grey seems to have a little bit more of a bluish tone to it than the charcoal grey guitar. I even did image searches for frostbitten fingers and sure enough, I found some photos with remarkably similar color tones to what this guitar is sporting.

Big picture perspective, it doesn't really matter what they call it, I really dig the way it looks, (and I'm just going to call it a frostbite fade anyway hahahaha).

vchizzle likes this.
  5. alantig

alantig Zombie Four, DFZ

Smokin'!!!! Congrats!

I've only seen Metallica once - with Cliff, opening for Ozzy, at the Cap Center in Landover, MD. They were supporting Master Of Puppets (Ozzy was on the Ultimate Sin Tour). As it turned out, I knew a couple of their songs from the metal station I had listened to, but I didn't know they were the band doing them (the station wasn't big on identification).

HANGAR18 and Hotblack Desiato like this.
  6. Mert Mermerci

Mert Mermerci New Member

Awesome looking guitar. Could you please compare the tone of swamp ash with mahogany if you can?

7. Korina Jack

Korina Jack New Member

Speechless! Well done...