New Guitar Day: Wood Library Custom 24

HANGAR18

Who is John Galt?
I know I said I was never going to buy another guitar, but…

Today I just felt like going to a guitar store to see if they had any bargains on a new PRS guitar. I don’t remember how it happened but suddenly I found my hands grasping a Custom 24, and mine eyes did gaze upon its stunning quilted Maple top with some kind of a charcoal fade finish. (Anyone know the actual name of that finish?)

…and then I did notice the blacked out pickup pole screws,

…and then turning it over, I noticed the swamp ash body,

…and then the flame maple neck, WITH A SATIN FINISH so that my hand did not stick to it as glossy neck would,

…and then mine eyes did look upon the writing upon the back of the headstock which read “CUSTOM BUILT FOR USA ONLY” and I did instantly realize that this guitar must have a Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard! Indeed it did, and I did look upon the two-tone figuring of the BRW fingerboard with much approval.

As it turned out, I had forgotten that the store was having a PRS Guitar Day event today and I realized that I was standing in the middle of a guitar buying feeding frenzy of guitar buying sharks while I was standing there with a a really nice juicy fish of a PRS guitar. I dared not let go of this guitar while I thought to myself, and think fast, I did.

Moments later, “Angry Larry” himself, confirmed that this was a “Wood Library” model and then he very happily sold me this guitar! As if that wasn’t cool enough, he then walked me over to the place where Paul Reed Smith himself would then sign my new guitar for me. Upon meeting PRSh (again) I said, “Hello Paul, It appears that I have bought another one of your guitars again”. He got my name from me and I shook his hand before I left the store with my new guitar.

What a day! The day where I bought the last guitar I will ever buy! ;)

PRS-2019_Cu24-WL-CharFade-1.jpg

PRS-2019_Cu24-WL-CharFade-3.jpg

Last edited:
Oh heck yeah! Now that’s a good day!

Grey Fade I think is the official name. Quilted awesomeness works for me :)

Swamp ash back and crazy curly nattie maple neck too? Geez and we didn’t even get to the PRS event day at the local store you stumbled into! :D

That may be the most perfect custom 24 I’ve ever seen! We’re going to have to start a swamp ash/maple neck custom 24 club ;)

Back