New Guitar Day: Wood Library Custom 24

Bitchin' geetar, dude.

As it sat on display in the shop imagining who would take it home, little did it know it would be spending the rest of its days playing Dead Skin Mask and Mechanix.

One does not immediately see the brilliance of those artistic individuals at PRS who come up with these awesome finishing concepts (which the typically reserve for Private Stock guitars) like this one (Frostbite Fade) or the other guitar I showed a picture of in this thread (Absinthe Green) until you really give it a lot of thought and connect the dots. I'm a serious fan of Heavy Metal, that genre often features a lot of hard core subjects including death and destruction. Have you ever seen photos where someone was trying to climb some hardcore mountain and wound up with frostbit fingers? Or have you ever heard the crazy stories associated with people drinking Absinthe? It makes perfect sense that some Metalhead like me would gravitate towards instruments like these in order to bring forth more Heavy Metal into the air surrounding my monster amps. Those guitar builders at PRS really know what the heck they are doing!

One does not immediately see the brilliance of those artistic individuals at PRS who come up with these awesome finishing concepts (which the typically reserve for Private Stock guitars) like this one (Frostbite Fade) or the other guitar I showed a picture of in this thread (Absinthe Green) until you really give it a lot of thought and connect the dots. I'm a serious fan of Heavy Metal, that genre often features a lot of hard core subjects including death and destruction. Have you ever seen photos where someone was trying to climb some hardcore mountain and wound up with frostbit fingers? Or have you ever heard the crazy stories associated with people drinking Absinthe? It makes perfect sense that some Metalhead like me would gravitate towards instruments like these in order to bring forth more Heavy Metal into the air surrounding my monster amps. Those guitar builders at PRS really know what the heck they are doing!

I hear ya' dude. For the record, I'm a fully paid up member of the \m/ club (saw Cliff Burton with Metallica back in '86).

I hear ya' dude. For the record, I'm a fully paid up member of the \m/ club (saw Cliff Burton with Metallica back in '86).
The first time I saw Metallica was around 1991 at the RFK Stadium in Washington DC where they had GnR and Faith No More opening for them. I was in the army then and I was there working security. Got paid $40.00 to watch the show (and make sure no one jumped over the fence into the infield.)

The first time I saw Metallica was around 1991 at the RFK Stadium in Washington DC where they had GnR and Faith No More opening for them. I was in the army then and I was there working security. Got paid $40.00 to watch the show (and make sure no one jumped over the fence into the infield.)

Metallica supported by Anthrax all for £5.50 and I've judged every gig since then on that level of value for money. Still have the ticket stub, t-shirt and programme.

What a gorgeous guitar, nice score!! Wood library guitars are scores in general, they're basically private stock at what half the cost? (ish)

What a gorgeous guitar, nice score!! Wood library guitars are scores in general, they're basically private stock at what half the cost? (ish)

That's one way of looking at Wood Library guitars... A "Poor Man's Private Stock"... hahahaha

So gorgeous! Congrats!!!

I'm usually more of a flame-maple kinda guy. But with that grey-black fade, that quilt looks absolutely killer. Well done, impulse buys are nerve-wrecking but always a bit of thrill, for sure!

So did you bid on anything in Mustaine's Reverb sale?

Short answer, no, not interested in any guitars he's selling.

Once upon a time I owned a very nice Mustaine Flying V but sold it because the 8-ball (drug reference) inlay eventually wore on my nerves and I sold it . I love V's and all my current Flying V's are all from the Gibby camp. Not only that, but I think if "Rock Stars" knew what what kind of guitars and amps I had in my collection, they'd be bugging me, trying to buy or borrow them. I think the same is true for many of us here too because the PRS guitars they are making these days are MUCH better than the guitars of all the Guitar Heroes we all grew up listening to.

Short answer, no, not interested in any guitars he's selling.

Once upon a time I owned a very nice Mustaine Flying V but sold it because the 8-ball (drug reference) inlay eventually wore on my nerves and I sold it . I love V's and all my current Flying V's are all from the Gibby camp. Not only that, but I think if "Rock Stars" knew what what kind of guitars and amps I had in my collection, they'd be bugging me, trying to buy or borrow them. I think the same is true for many of us here too because the PRS guitars they are making these days are MUCH better than the guitars of all the Guitar Heroes we all grew up listening to.

Yeah, nothing took my fancy either. I was surprised none of his earlier Jacksons were in the sale (don't know if he still has them).

Never had a Gibson V but back in the early/mid-90s bought a Japanese-built Jackson RR with Reflex Blue active pickups & Floyd. Looked wicked and sounded great but sold it after a while to get something else - you know how it is. The only Gibson I've owned was an Arctic White '77 Reissue Explorer. I liked it but never loved it.

Back