Considering Purchasing Custom 24 Wood Library- want to know thoughts on pickups, finish, etc.

grahamachilles

Pretty self explanatory- I'm considering purchasing this beauty, and my only reservations are: a) is it authentic and b) it has minimal controls as its a Custom 24. Is this a detractor for paying top dollar for this guitar (6 k range)? I used to own a 408 that was also a stunner. The difference is this baby has a full Brazzy Neck, quilted maple top and ash back. If I buy I think I'm naming it Slytherin's Axe

I love unique finishes, tops, and necks!

Cj3v1tG.jpg

Lz2PtVG.jpg

kUX6oFG.jpg

Pretty self explanatory- I'm considering purchasing this beauty, and my only reservations are: a) is it authentic and b) it has minimal controls as its a Custom 24. Is this a detractor for paying top dollar for this guitar (6 k range)? I used to own a 408 that was also a stunner. The difference is this baby has a full Brazzy Neck, quilted maple top and ash back. If I buy I think I'm naming it Slytherin's Axe

Love that Brazzy neck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Satin finish looks like?

Please tell me you have already bought it...

Albeit simple, the control layout for the Cu24 fits the needs of many bamboozling players out there. It sure looks authentic to me and stunning nonetheless. For that $$ I'd still verify with PRS re: serial ##

Being a fellow 408 owner, I prefer to have the option of the individual toggles for the added versatility so I'd opt for a 24-08 if I could find one. Are you comfortable on 24 fret PRS? They're a little more squished feeling than the 408's at 22. Food for thought. Beautiful guitar gonna make someone very happy.

Albeit simple, the control layout for the Cu24 fits the needs of many bamboozling players out there. It sure looks authentic to me and stunning nonetheless. For that $$ I'd still verify with PRS re: serial ##

Being a fellow 408 owner, I prefer to have the option of the individual toggles for the added versatility so I'd opt for a 24-08 if I could find one. Are you comfortable on 24 fret PRS? They're a little more squished feeling than the 408's at 22. Food for thought. Beautiful guitar gonna make someone very happy.
I love both 24 and 22 fret PRS guitars!

Could always install push-push or push-pull pots for the volume and tone knobs to split the 2 humbuckers, or one on the tone of you can live with a master coil tap for both (like my CE24 has).

And for comparison, I have a 408 as well...

YImUN9V.jpeg

I love unique finishes, tops, and necks!

Cj3v1tG.jpg

Lz2PtVG.jpg

kUX6oFG.jpg
Those are some beauts! I have a soft spot for green tops. Love the natural backs too- the back on the guitar I'm mulling over is actually the part I'm least wild about... why cover up beautiful ash. I think If I buy I may end up restaining with PRS down the road. Either a deep translucent brown, black, or stripping back to natural depending on how hard it would be.

Please tell me you have already bought it...
Hahaha its tempting, but for that amount of money I'm doing research before I jump in. It's no returns, and I haven't gotten the chance to try it. All I have right now for reference are my old 408 top 10 and my current workhorse SE Zac Meyers that I'm thinking about modding (but might have to return if I end up pulling the trigger on the Green Goblin)

Back