Cars, Cigars & Guitars (One Man's Lament)

Maybe not worth the cost/hassle/etc but... What's shipping for sending a car from the US to Germany?

The bigger problem is import taxes. Germany charges 10% of the car's value they determine (regardless of what you paid).

So why not get a Euro spec and sell it when your States bound?

Because I could get 'the call' and half to be on an airplane to the states within 30 days. Too risky with a nice car.

How about a Mercedes G 65? Not a sports car, but bad ass nonetheless

Have you seen the price tag on those things?!?!

How about an NSX?

Same problem. Crazy expensive. I assume you mean the new one.

Germans have been liking the 2015+ Mustangs... It's got some long-ass doors, too!

I like the new Mustangs but not enough to own one. I had a convertible for a week while visiting Mark and PfennRock a few months back. It was pretty sweet - but they were everywhere.

Fixed it for ya. ;) If it doesn’t swim in 12 quarts of oil, it’s ruined.

Fair point. Have you seen the price tag on a clean 97? Sheesh. Even the SC's are stupid these days.

A deal on a clean used BMW 640I fell through today. I am leaning hard toward an M2 or M4 but the wife is urging me not to settle and hold out for the 911 I really want.

M2, M4, or 911. It's going to be one of these, for certain.

But right now I am REALLY missing my old Defender 90. :(

Last edited:
I want one of these.

Vanlife-Storage.jpg

My first new car was a factory-ordered Mustang GT in 1986. It was a glorious car! Man, I was a menace in that thing. :oops: Anyway, I hadn’t wanted one since then...until the new body style...lower, wider, kinda like the 911. A new Mustang would not be kicked out of my garage. In fact it could look just like Herr Squid’s and I’d be very happy. Beautiful!

Dang Boogie! I swear we must have been seperated at birth! My very first new car was a 1986 Mustang GT! I took delivery of it on August 1st 1986. I'll never forget that day or that car...mine had every option except T-Tops...my dad wasn't havin it...said they were nothing but an insurance claim waiting to happen...mine was Black with Grey interior...I always thought the red piping on the seats was so cool! I traded it on an '86 SVO Mustang a couple of years later. After numerous cars and 30+years I've never owned a car that topped the feeling of the first one...good times!

Dang Boogie! I swear we must have been seperated at birth! My very first new car was a 1986 Mustang GT! I took delivery of it on August 1st 1986. I'll never forget that day or that car...mine had every option except T-Tops...my dad wasn't havin it...said they were nothing but an insurance claim waiting to happen...mine was Black with Grey interior...I always thought the red piping on the seats was so cool! I traded it on an '86 SVO Mustang a couple of years later. After numerous cars and 30+years I've never owned a car that topped the feeling of the first one...good times!
What??!! Spooky! Mine looked just like the one on the brochure that year, charcoal grey, grey interior with the red piping (very cool stuff), no t-tops (it added weight and body flex, which I noticed in the test drives) and no cruise control so I could get the cooler steering wheel. Such a great car. Believe it or not, it cost $11,030.00. :eek: Followed it up with a Taurus SHO (one of the first 100 made) a few years later.

Back