Cars, Cigars & Guitars (One Man's Lament)

What??!! Spooky! Mine looked just like the one on the brochure that year, charcoal grey, grey interior with the red piping (very cool stuff), no t-tops (it added weight and body flex, which I noticed in the test drives) and no cruise control so I could get the cooler steering wheel. Such a great car. Believe it or not, it cost $11,030.00. :eek: Followed it up with a Taurus SHO (one of the first 100 made) a few years later.

IKR! To top it off mine had the cruise delete with the 3 point steering wheel...and you have an air cooled 911 :eek:Boogie you complete me...

I drove a Cayman S yesterday. Never thought I'd consider one but it was impressive. That said, I am leaning pretty hard toward an M2 Competition at this point.

EDIT: I removed the goofy (to my eyes) rear wing with Photoshop.

bmw-m2-competition-side-X3.jpg

bmw-m2-competition-with-m-performance-parts-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Very late to this thread. As a longtime BMW driver/enthusiast, I see no fault in choosing the M2.

HOWEVER, original post said all-wheel drive, 2 door. May I suggest the Jaguar F-Type.

Ehh.. it’s no Porsche.

Son of a...

May I suggest the Jaguar F-Type.

I have spent many years (and tens of thousands of dollars) nursing British cars along. And given the direction Tata has taken Land Rover, I'm not real optimistic about the other half of that group. That said, I might consider one if they hadn't nuked their US-spec sales program here in Germany.

The M2 Competition is phenomenal Hans...you should get it, a blast to drive. I checked one out this past weekend just before I drove this..

z3py9HU.jpg

SLXJ5iK.jpg

PhPtYRe.jpg

I may have to do something bad now...

One question...did Jason Statham take this from Darth Vader before or after the throat punch? Asking for a friend. That is bada$$ incarnate dude! I want that...

Last edited:
30 seconds after I had my first test drive of an M3, I was hooked on anything/everything M. Never owned one...yet...but the future could include one. There’s plenty of room in a garage for both M and P cars. :cool:

I’ve probably linked this pic before, but I had a lot of fun with BMWs in the 80s and 90s. Loved the damn things. Still do. Shot in my driveway, this 6 series coupe was mine, the M1 was a buddy’s. Great cars. The 6 series had Hartge mods, was very fast for its day. Had a few sedans along the way too, but this was my favorite. Get. The. BMW.

ly1zfFE.jpg

Last edited:
Back