Where to put a battery compartment?

Ruben Bernard

I love the feel of my Tremonti, I love the sound of a pair of EMGs. Seems like a no brainer. I have two SEs with the same pickups, surely dont need them both to sound the same. They're both very dear to me so I don't plan on getting rid of either of them, but I would be open to pimping out the Stealth Tremonti a little bit, in that I dont mind the thought of installing some permanent changes to it. Another one of my guitars has a battery door in the electronic cover plate which is awesome, and I know the piezos have that awesome door in the side of the body with the jack. I dont really want to just stick the battery inside the backplate where it's hidden and inaccessible. anyone know any mod parts, or anything that is compatible with the SEs to fit a battery door? I've checked John Mann and didn't find anything. And the piezo battery door comes with the two output jacks which I dont need. Oh masters of the PRS forum TEACH ME. know any good mods that would work?

Since this will be a mod, makes sense to in fact use the PRS jack plate with battery door. Mod the jack plate by removing one of the input jack locations. That should fit your needs, thoughts?

Since this will be a mod, makes sense to in fact use the PRS jack plate with battery door. Mod the jack plate by removing one of the input jack locations. That should fit your needs, thoughts?
is there a neat way to remove one of the jack outputs on the plate? wouldn't that mean having to cut off the side of the plate which I cant imagine will end up looking great

Sure use a cut off wheel it’s most likely aluminum so it would be an easy cut/cleanup. Might need a little touch up paint. But could be made to look factory in 10 mins. If you know an aviation mechanic in your area ask them to do it easy job as it’s just a straight cut with rounding the corners off.

Sure use a cut off wheel it’s most likely aluminum so it would be an easy cut/cleanup. Might need a little touch up paint. But could be made to look factory in 10 mins. If you know an aviation mechanic in your area ask them to do it easy job as it’s just a straight cut with rounding the corners off.
Interesting. This just might work in my favour hmmmm
and since I know nothing about any creative building or manufacturing or whatever you'd call it... how would you suggest carving the cavity in the body?

Last edited:
I had a SE Standard Camo the previous user put EMGs in. The battery was in the control cavity wrapped on n foam. It was not difficult to deal with.

I'd suggest trying that method first, and if you truly commit to the EMG then start modding for a battery door. The battery lasted a very long time before it had to be changed for me.

Looking forward to how this turns out for you.

Wow, I hadn't even considered that. I think it's somehow possible, but you'd be better off having a craftsman look at your guitar offline. By the way as an option to look at https://fmanuals.com/ . Now I'm not sure, but earlier there were all kinds of cool manuals for rare guitars. Unless I'm confused

Last edited:
Back