Anyone have this PRS strap?

Here's the guitar I just purchased....

And I dont know, maybe your right. Honestly the reason I gravitated towards this black PRS strap was because I like my straps to be simple and clean (to not distract from the guitar and let it be the focus), but high quality. So it really isn't for a weight issue, it just looked more comfortable than a thin nylon or suede strap. And since its really the only PRS strap thats leather, doesn't have different colored stitching (which I also don't particularly care for), has a simple but quality design, has just the also simple but clean "PRS logo" and nothing else, and looked comfortable, it was appealing to me.

However since it looks like I'm not going to have much luck tracking one down, I went on the Levy's Leathers website (saw a lot of good things posted about them), and found one very similar (minus the PRS logo of course which is a bit of a bummer), that's also black leather and just perhaps a little thinner (but still slightly padded), just a little less wide, and is built just as good if not better than the PRS one, in terms of leather quality and overall construction. They are a bit pricey, but for what I spent on the guitar, I feel like a good strap compliments the whole package well.

I hadn't given any thought to what the brown version of the PRS strap I posted about would look like with my guitar. I guess I just automatically went straight to black out of habit. But maybe I need to give some thought to that also...?? But thanks for the comment SinSir, and I'm sure whatever I end up going with, knowing me, I'll end up being happy with. Just need to break down all the available options now and decide 🤔
I was going to mention Levys because I have one very similar to the PRS one I bought a long while back. These days I go for a quality leather strap in whatever color I think would look best thats 2.5" wide and call it done. No messing with padding. Just as comfortable and probably more without it for guitars in this weight range.

I have a leather addiction. The best straps I've found are El Dorado. Been wanting to try Moody too. Italia are great as well with specials for two. I have a ton of those. Franklin also makes some great straps.

Made in the US

El Dorado Durango are my favs. Excellent

Italia Straps are great. With specials

Been using Franklin forever

Moody is HIGH on my list to try

Several members like these from the UK too. I haven't used them personally but many I trust opinions of have.

Sweet guitar! Korina rocks! I think you shared that link in another thread? Tan or a brown would definitely look good. Good luck on the strap hunt.

Last edited:
There is one on reverb but they want yo mamma and kids.

v2hrmwzf37mwzsqezt5h.jpg
Oh, those are nice. Shawn gave me one and I use it for all my non white PRS.

Highly recommended.

The Heistercamp straps Sin Sir mentioned are what I've been using the past few years. Their leatherwork and the quality of their full grain leather is outstanding. Nicest straps I've ever owned, done up in the traditional way British leatherwork has been done forever, and in a different league than the PRS offerings. Note that their standard pull-up leather is so thick that it won't fit under the flanges on the PRS strap button, but their Super-Soft leather will.

You pick the style, the leather colors, and whether the backing is smooth or suede, etc. If you get one with buckles or other hardware, I believe the colors of the metal work can be selected, but I can't stand the thought of bunging up my guitars with metal buckles banging into them by accident, so I just get the all-leather variety.

I have three, and I probably won't ever need another strap as long as I live, unless I discover a strange obsession to get one in another color.

Before getting these I had the German company Richter make a couple of their Springbreak straps with memory foam padding; one in black, one in brown. Where the Heistercamp are the finest British leathers, the Richter straps are nappa leather with a very nice hand. They're beautiful straps if you're into quality leathers, and the leatherwork is as you'd expect, i.e., excellent.

None of these straps have anything more than the discreet logos of the manufacturers; I already know what kind of guitars I play and don't need my strap to tell me! ;)

However, I have a dark brown PRS birds strap; unfortunately it has a suede back, so I've only used it once. I have no idea what to do with it, but I'm sure not gonna use it.

So it's yours for free if you can't find what you're looking for. It'd go nicely with your new guitar if you don't mind the suede backing.

I do have three of them in use and bought them in different years and colours at Thomann:

ACC-3135 in 2016 (for my PRS SE Mark Holcomb)
ACC-3128 in 2015 (for my 2011th PRS 513 MT)
ACC-3134 in 2015 (for my Linus Custom Thinline "Amber Honey"

Later I changed to Richter straps in a comperable format.

I was going to mention Levys because I have one very similar to the PRS one I bought a long while back. These days I go for a quality leather strap in whatever color I think would look best thats 2.5" wide and call it done. No messing with padding. Just as comfortable and probably more without it for guitars in this weight range.

I have a leather addiction. The best straps I've found are El Dorado. Been wanting to try Moody too. Italia are great as well with specials for two. I have a ton of those. Franklin also makes some great straps.

Made in the US

El Dorado Durango are my favs. Excellent

Italia Straps are great. With specials

Been using Franklin forever

Moody is HIGH on my list to try

Several members like these from the UK too. I haven't used them personally but many I trust opinions of have.

Sweet guitar! Korina rocks! I think you shared that link in another thread? Tan or a brown would definitely look good. Good luck on the strap hunt.

Yes, I was asking about a separate question in another post in relation to the guitar, and someone asked to see it 😄

Gah! Sorry! I sold one of those particular PRS straps on eBay about 5 months ago! Got a Red Monkey strap I liked even better.

Also, +1 on El Dorado Durango straps!

https://www.zzounds.com/item--PAUACC3151

Hey guys,
I've been shopping for a strap to go with my new Special SH thats on its way, and I came across this one (link above), only to find that it apparently has been discontinued not too long ago. I found that they still make it in a lighter brown color, but I'm specifically needing a black strap.
Thru browsing random photos on the forum, I noticed that there are more than a few people that have this strap, clearly purchased when they were selling them not too long ago. So to any of you that have this strap, would you be interested in selling it to a fellow PRS fan to go with my first PRS guitar? If so, please do let me know, I'd be very appreciative. Thank you 🙂
I have one that I never used. It's just been sitting in a box since I got it. You can have it. Send me your address via PM and I'll ship it.

Back