Straps that go with PRS colors?

I only use 1 strap for my guitars. I use marvel type strap locks to switch guitars. So, I have a neutral colored one - black (not sure, I don't pay much attention to it). But then, I stripped down to just 2 guitars. I want to keep my life simple and minimal. They're all I need. I'm not also into flashy designed straps.

Levy’s black sude here. Wide. Luckily my 1999 Archie doesn’t have those string-tree type of strap buttons my other PRS’s have. It’s a PIA to get at thick strap on those .

PRS has some nice straps that may work...

The blue one:

Black birds

I don't have any decent pics, but on my sapphire Blue SE Custom, I got a black and white skull design leather strap that seems to go pretty well with it. I'm not into skull motif's really, but it seems to actually fit. On my S2 McCarty (black) I got a PRS black leather one with the birds that fit's beautifully without being real loud...kind of goes with that "tuxedo" look of a black guitar. My Hollowbody II (black gold) has a fabric brown and beige paisley-ish pattern that also seems to work for me.
Guess I'll have to take some photos...;)

I used to buy from Ethos Custom Brands, who also did other leather goods. I think they are out of business now. They had some very cool strap choices, and were located in Oklahoma. The last two straps I bought were from Heistercamp, in the UK. I also grabbed one from Red Monkey. Also very cool options.

PRS has some nice straps that may work...

The blue one:

Black birds
I tried one kind of similar to the first style. It didn't really go so I use that one on my acoustic now.

When I recently got an S2 Custom 22 in Whale Blue, I found a nice blue Levy's Sun Motif that matches very nicely.

Lots of color choices, two incredibly excellent leather types, padded or unpadded, buckles or not, world class made-in-the-UK leatherwork, several length choices, completely custom. They offer a choice of buttonhole length to accommodate PRS buttons.

Note, however, that their standard leather is too thick to fit under the stock PRS button, you have to order their super-soft leather, which by the way, is still very firm English bridle leather.

Doesn't get any better than this in terms of quality. I've become addicted to their straps. Tried lots of high end brands.

Lots of color choices, two incredibly excellent leather types, padded or unpadded, buckles or not, world class made-in-the-UK leatherwork, several length choices, completely custom. They offer a choice of buttonhole length to accommodate PRS buttons.

Note, however, that their standard leather is too thick to fit under the stock PRS button, you have to order their super-soft leather, which by the way, is still very firm English bridle leather.

Doesn't get any better than this in terms of quality. I've become addicted to their straps. Tried lots of high end brands.

Anywhere I can see photos of the different colors? They don't show them on their website.

Anywhere I can see photos of the different colors? They don't show them on their website.
Select a style. Then on the drop down menu that says colour, pick one, and the colors show up on the pic the of strap, both front and back. You can choose smooth or suede for the back.

The colors are pretty nice, though I don't like to match the color of my blue guitar to the strap, for that one I prefer tan or black. Otherwise things get too matchy-matchy for me, though I'd think burgundy would also be nice, or maybe black with a blue lining. Nothing wrong with matching, of course, it's all personal preference.

"But Laz, you always pick a belt that goes with your shoes."

"Wait, I thought that was required by law in most civilized countries!"

Last edited:
I don't like to match the color of my blue guitar to the strap, for that one I prefer tan or black. Otherwise things get too matchy-matchy for me, though I'd think burgundy would also be nice, or maybe black with a blue lining. Nothing wrong with matching, of course, it's all personal preference.
I agree, too matchy matchy or just another shade of blue. Not sure what's worse to me, exact match or horseshoes?

The lining or the stitching to match as an accent, or match the strap to binding, plastics, or guitar accents would be the way I'd go.

I only use 1 strap for my guitars. I use marvel type strap locks to switch guitars. So, I have a neutral colored one - black (not sure, I don't pay much attention to it). But then, I stripped down to just 2 guitars. I want to keep my life simple and minimal. They're all I need. I'm not also into flashy designed straps.

+1. Two guitars, one strap. Red Monkey "Blackmore" leather strap, brown with a black end piece. Except for a very foolishly sold Fretsling strap decades ago, this is my favorite strap out of many over the years.

Select a style. Then on the drop down menu that says colour, pick one, and the colors show up on the pic the of strap, both front and back. You can choose smooth or suede for the back.

The colors are pretty nice, though I don't like to match the color of my blue guitar to the strap, for that one I prefer tan or black. Otherwise things get too matchy-matchy for me, though I'd think burgundy would also be nice, or maybe black with a blue lining. Nothing wrong with matching, of course, it's all personal preference.

"But Laz, you always pick a belt that goes with your shoes."

"Wait, I thought that was required by law in most civilized countries!"
Ahhhh, you have to fill out a few of the other drop down choices before it changes color, at least on my browser. Very nice with all those colors. Blue and turquoise underneath would even match exactly. But yeah, very matchy-matchy. hmmm, not sure.

Ahhhh, you have to fill out a few of the other drop down choices before it changes color, at least on my browser. Very nice with all those colors. Blue and turquoise underneath would even match exactly. But yeah, very matchy-matchy. hmmm, not sure.
I often think, "Oh, look, I can match the guitar," when I'm looking at their site.

But I never follow through with that. The quality of the straps, however, is stellar. It's not flashy, it's very traditional craftsmanship, but it reminds me of English saddlery you'd see back in the day.

"You mean, back in your day, like, the 1870s, right?"

"I'm thinking maybe the 1670s, but you're on the right trajectory. And FYI I sold that buggy whip factory I had by 1948. I suppose I could have done better selling it in 1848, but who knew?"

I wanted a bird swarm leather strap for my 24-08
The green ones were on sale from PRS for $29
subtract the 20% and it was $23
so I pulled the trigger
added a Tan one as well
but when I got them on the guitars neither of them were the home run I had expected them to be
They are each just a shade or two off
not perfect, not bad, just lacking somehow
They will do for now but I'll keep looking

W28ae0e.jpg

lHRh6CA.jpg

o3JZI9w.jpg

Last edited:
I like a dark brown leather strap with blue.
Actually, I have a dark brown strap on all my guitars except for my Tele. It’s transparent she’ll pink with a black pickguard and it wears a black leather strap.

Just ordered one. Thanks!

Back