Straps that go with PRS colors?

jamjam1

Anyone find good matches for straps that go with PRS tops? Specifically blue in my case. I have an all black strap for my lake blue PRS, and not sure what else would look decent with it.

Silver Skys probably have an easier time of it, being a flat color, but custom 24 tops have a lot of detail so straps that are busy look like they compete with that.

My Lake Placid Blue Strat looks nice with a dark brown strap. Black goes with everything though.

Check out the wide array of Souldier Straps--in particular, I like the "Standard Guitar Strap" line, mostly in the "vintage" fabric category. You're bound to find some fancy colors that coordinate and/or match with your particular guitar.

Bonus: they will fit over the standard PRS strap buttons if you slice open the cut in the leather end-tab juuust a little bit more using a standard box cutter or Xacto knife.

Levi Leather and Walker & Williams make straps in a variety of colors and styles. Just look on Amazon. That is where I find mine and I pick each strap to match the guitar it is on. Look at my pics in the "Lets See The Family Photos!" thread, or "Get Your Straps Out" thread.

Last edited:
I'm really looking for color ideas and thought people with lake blue guitars might weigh in.

LM Products Heritage in Poseidon Blue.

I have a couple of them(in black)...
I like the hidden tail adjustment. It was the closest thing I could find to my old favorite; Mountain Learherworks as sold by Stew-Mac in the early 90s.

LM Products Heritage in Poseidon Blue.

I have a couple of them(in black)...
I like the hidden tail adjustment. It was the closest thing I could find to my old favorite; Mountain Learherworks as sold by Stew-Mac in the early 90s.
Also might be a good match. Hard to tell if any blue would go or if one of these would just be slightly off.

They have quite a few colors and choices.

They have quite a few colors and choices.

wow, 4"...that almost seems too wide.

wow, 4"...that almost seems too wide.
I do the 2.5"

Edit-excellent high quality leather with top notch stitching. None of that saw dust leather or cheap crap. I find padding isn't needed with a quality 2.5" leather strap, unless a super heavy guitar or bass. A PRS bonus of going with real leather is it stretches and molds to get a nice fit over PRS strap buttons better than strap locks.

For the price these can't be beat. I have quite a few. Besides El Dotado straps these are my go to.

Last edited:
I have a Levy's 3" cotton black strap. It's okay. It does the job. Just wondering if I could better.
Just like with basses, you can always do better; or at least different. I’ve got a really nice padded green paisley strap that matches my green Guild to a tee, a brown PRS strap that matches the tobacco burst on my PRS, a fine leather strap that came with my Ken Smith, and a cheap black nylon strap for my Ibanez Mikro. They all look fine on stage and work just right.

I really like Levy's leather straps. I have two (2" and 2.35") and both are very durable (also great looking!). So I highly recommend checking their straps :)

Back