Straps that go with PRS colors?

I ended up having to punch the holes out bigger on this strap due to the large diameter of the strap buttons on this guitar.

9ZWIGOY.jpg

I ended up having to punch the holes out bigger on this strap due to the large diameter of the strap buttons on this guitar.

9ZWIGOY.jpg
I just ream the hole out with the needle nose pliers I use to install the strap lock clip

I wanted a bird swarm leather strap for my 24-08
The green ones were on sale from PRS for $29
subtract the 20% and it was $23
so I pulled the trigger
added a Tan one as well
but when I got them on the guitars neither of them were the home run I had expected them to be
They are each just a shade or two off
not perfect, not bad, just lacking somehow
They will do for now but I'll keep looking

W28ae0e.jpg

lHRh6CA.jpg

o3JZI9w.jpg
I would use that tan one on the green guitar. It matches perfectly from what I see with the side/back wood coloring of that guitar. And I actually think the blue one would look better on the orange/yellow/red guitar than it does on the green guitar (but I don't think it is a permanent fix, just a bit better) ;~))

Anyone find good matches for straps that go with PRS tops? Specifically blue in my case. I have an all black strap for my lake blue PRS, and not sure what else would look decent with it.

Silver Skys probably have an easier time of it, being a flat color, but custom 24 tops have a lot of detail so straps that are busy look like they compete with that.
For the last year I've been using a:

Franklin "Glove Leather" Link-3" strap

It's wide enough to distribute the weight of my guitar (making it feel lighter), yet soft enough to not dig into my neck like so many wide padded straps do. The "Link" style adds a bit of visual interest without distracting from the guitar. It's a great way to go. US company, excellent workmanship, wonderful products at very reasonable prices... it's worth your time checking out ;)

Prior to the Franklin, I bought a:

Moody 4" Blue back/stitched Leather strap

Moody Leather strap 4". It's VERY nice leather, and the blue stitching and underside was a great complement to my blue Stingray Bass. But I found it to be somewhat stiff for my liking and have hardly used it at all. So it safely resides in the little custom box in which it was shipped. Wish I knew about Franklin before I bought the Moody LOL! It is very nice though, and something you might like for your guitar. You never really know with theses things until you live with them for a while.

Franklin 3" Glove Leather Link-style strap:

1bEZETx.jpg

Moody 4" Leather with blue stitching & blue back:

YUFvz8Z.jpg

Moody & Franklin side by side

tmEOM4O.jpg

Best of luck in your search!

~M

I wanted a bird swarm leather strap for my 24-08
The green ones were on sale from PRS for $29
subtract the 20% and it was $23
so I pulled the trigger
added a Tan one as well
but when I got them on the guitars neither of them were the home run I had expected them to be
They are each just a shade or two off
not perfect, not bad, just lacking somehow
They will do for now but I'll keep looking

W28ae0e.jpg

lHRh6CA.jpg

o3JZI9w.jpg

I bought the same green Bird Swarm strap because of the sale plus the 20% off. Sadly, it's not the same kind of green as my Jade Smokeburst, so the black one went back on. lol

Blue shades are hard to match. I tried several before arriving at a Souldier Festival for the SE Zach Myers and a Dunlop Hendrix Blue Diamond for the blue SE 594 (doesn't "match" but I like it).
The one on the left looks great. I settled on a blue with turquoise on the inside. I think like that it's the green that makes it go. But then again, I don't have it yet, so just hoping.

That's why I get quality leather straps. A quick spread with pliers and it fits the PRS buttons perfectly.
A 9mm strap button slit works really well.

Both Heistercamp and a German company called Richter will make the button hole slit to any length specified, but Heistercamp now makes a 9mm PRS button hole a drop-down option on their order menu. I've ordered several straps from these companies. Both use beautiful leather and do superb work.

I’m a big fan of Brookwood Leather straps. He’ll cut the slots to fit any strap button.

The second strap on my video, it's the Dunlop Hendrix Face strap (okay that sounds weird).

Anyways, it goes with anything.

opinions -
How would this Perri's strap look on my Eriza Verde 24-08?
Better than the green swarm?

T2UDrqw.jpg

W28ae0e.jpg

Anyone find good matches for straps that go with PRS tops? Specifically blue in my case. I have an all black strap for my lake blue PRS, and not sure what else would look decent with it.

Silver Skys probably have an easier time of it, being a flat color, but custom 24 tops have a lot of detail so straps that are busy look like they compete with that.
I have a blue 594 se with a off white strap from levy's with blue birds and light brown end looks good to me

These new straps look pretty cool.

Back