PRS leather strap birds vs Levys leather difference?

What you mean "cleaner looking"?
This model?
or you refer to the similar adjustment design models you bought?
Look at how the adjustment is accomplished.
You don't loop through a bunch of slots. The 'tail' tucks up inside the main body of the strap. There's nothing extra, 'hanging out'.

Went back but didn´t like? don´t understand.
My wife has gifted me different leather straps for guitars over the years, most or those are high grade leather. Think $150-200 for a strap. I use them for acoustic.

Went back to colorful non-leather straps for my electrics... hence the video......

Never found padded leather to be comforting, even prefer a denim jacket over a leather one.

Well, I tried both Levys and PRS leather received today, compared to the standar Levys that same with the Santana SE.
Not sure if this one is nylon or cotton but is quite ok, so I ordered a cotton white one for the EG guitar for day to day use.

Regarding the cheap Levys leather, I discarded it. The leather is quite rigid, no flexible, that makes it low confort even it´s 2.5" seems width is not that important for comfort. But the worst thing is the bottom side of the leather is rough, so stays attached easily to the cloth, and feels is comfotless for the natural guitar movements.

Now the PRS one, https://www.amazon.es/dp/B002VJOIII?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

it feels quite flexible and comfort. It has 5 holes on the tail so adjust is not that complicated.
Not that "night and day" difference compared with the stock Levys that came with the Santana, but feels that if want to play standing for hours (what I rarely do), should make a difference on the shoulders.
for "dayly use" I´ll keep use the standard Levys, just because I built a guitar closet where I have several guitars, and seems more robust to place and take from there without damage the tail of the PRS one.

That said, I paid 71.63 (eur) for it. I suspect that maybe me anyother brand more standar that may sell a even more comfortable strap and maybe padded for this price?

Because, my conclusion is that it´s not worth paying 119 eur for the other PRS padded. Seems PRS straps are overpriced here in Spain

so my last question is, I can keep this PRS leather I bought, or return it to buy any well-known comfortable and padded from any other brand?

do you have any suggestion?

thank you in advance.

My wife has gifted me different leather straps for guitars over the years, most or those are high grade leather. Think $150-200 for a strap. I use them for acoustic.

Went back to colorful non-leather straps for my electrics... hence the video......

Never found padded leather to be comforting, even prefer a denim jacket over a leather one.

sorry, didn´t see you post, any recomendation for a comfort strap? do you think the cottoon Levy´s is right as the leather?

Now have the doubt about the Prs 2.4 padded with Ras system is tempting me.
The soft one I tried feels comfort but maybe the holes no that "secure".
Cannot find reviews or opinions about the padded Ras model .

Now have the doubt about the Prs 2.4 padded with Ras system is tempting me.
The soft one I tried feels comfort but maybe the holes no that "secure".
Cannot find reviews or opinions about the padded Ras model .
Interesting...

I just noticed RAS stands for RightOn Adjustment System.
That strap is made or licensed by RightOn Guitar Straps.
It is the company in Spain I linked to earlier.

https://www.rightonstraps.com/about_us

Carrer de l'Argentina, 6, 03750 Pedreguer, Alicante, Spain

Didn't see the link earlier.

So maybe this are similar but cheaper?
I think so...

PRS has another strap with F.L.A.S.H. adjustment. That is also a RighOn design.

I think we kind of found who makes PRS straps; or at least some of them.

Back