All about bicycles

E-bike = Mo-ped with better marketing hype. Ugh.

Side note, Bicycling magazine used to be published in my home town until it was bought out by Hearst. A lot of the editors are old friends, and their testing ground was often my home trail.
That is certainly NOT true of mine, or any bike without a throttle.
Sure, I've seen people "ghost pedaling" whilst using a throttle, but classifying them all that way, or all riders that way is a bit over the top. :)

That is certainly NOT true of mine, or any bike without a throttle.
Sure, I've seen people "ghost pedaling" whilst using a throttle, but classifying them all that way, or all riders that way is a bit over the top. :)
The ones I referenced above had a throttle like a motorcycle. I saw them turning the grips to accelerate, just like a motorcycle.

The ones I referenced above had a throttle like a motorcycle. I saw them turning the grips to accelerate, just like a motorcycle.
Many of them do. Some even have a motorcycle skin on the, but here, having pedals that they could use lets them be ridden without being plated.

To be clear... I do not disparage the throttle. It can be useful for numerous reasons.
Maybe you stopped at a light/intersection in the wrong gear on a regular derailleur based drive train. A throttle will let you get going quickly, gear notwithstanding.
You may be tired AF after 30 miles of riding and this last hill will do you in.
You may have some kind of disability and this is the best way for you to get out and enjoy a ride.
I'm sure there are other valid reasons.
Whatever gets you out is a good thing.

Maybe one day I'll need one, I don't know. Right now at 66 y/o I'm fine putting my left foot on the pedal, pushing off and swinging my right leg over a large frame to get going. Hope that lasts. My bike goes nowhere without pedal input, and I use the assist sparingly.
Maybe one day I'll need a step through. I don't know.

Maybe education and acceptance are cool...

To be clear... I do not disparage the throttle. It can be useful for numerous reasons.
Maybe you stopped at a light/intersection in the wrong gear on a regular derailleur based drive train. A throttle will let you get going quickly, gear notwithstanding.
You may be tired AF after 30 miles of riding and this last hill will do you in.
You may have some kind of disability and this is the best way for you to get out and enjoy a ride.
I'm sure there are other valid reasons.
Whatever gets you out is a good thing.

Maybe one day I'll need one, I don't know. Right now at 66 y/o I'm fine putting my left foot on the pedal, pushing off and swinging my right leg over a large frame to get going. Hope that lasts. My bike goes nowhere without pedal input, and I use the assist sparingly.
Maybe one day I'll need a step through. I don't know.

Maybe education and acceptance are cool...

Maybe one day we’ll all need a Zimmer, but as long as they make a hover one “ala” Back to the Future, I’ll be cool with that.

We’ve dropped 24 degrees since 8am so far, and will be dropping another 14 before we settle tonight. It might be too cold for me to ride tomorrow when it’s 5 degrees Fahrenheit

We’ve dropped 24 degrees since 8am so far, and will be dropping another 14 before we settle tonight. It might be too cold for me to ride tomorrow when it’s 5 degrees Fahrenheit
Yeah, I wouldn't either!
We're going from -12C yesterday to +7C tomorrow, and 10C on Monday.
All this snow will turn to flooding as it rains... :oops:

I accept being called a pu$$y under these conditions.

Ice fishing?

I would never dare to use that language toward you Steve.

Fnar ;)

Yeah, I wouldn't either!
We're going from -12C yesterday to +7C tomorrow, and 10C on Monday.
All this snow will turn to flooding as it rains... :oops:

Yep, that was us last weekend. -6c Sunday and +10c Monday. Luckily we hadn’t had the snowfall you have.

Be safe brother.

Merry Christmas
IMG-0462.jpg

Back