All about bicycles

For Christmas I got...

COVID.

Womp-womp.

On the mend already, but no year-ending century for me. I may try to do Okeechobee in February. For now I'm focusing on my first bikepacking trip through the Ocala National Forest in January. The last few pieces of kit are on the way. Looking forward to getting it all together for a test run in the next couple weeks.

For Christmas I got...

COVID.

Womp-womp.

On the mend already, but no year-ending century for me. I may try to do Okeechobee in February. For now I'm focusing on my first bikepacking trip through the Ocala National Forest in January. The last few pieces of kit are on the way. Looking forward to getting it all together for a test run in the next couple weeks.
Liked for future plans as opposed to current events.

For Christmas I got...

COVID.

Womp-womp.

Hope you recover safely Garrett.

For Christmas I got...

COVID.

Womp-womp.

Feel better, G!

Well, despite the fact that it was 64 today (a mere 68 degrees higher than it was a week ago) I didn’t get out today, so my official total for the year is…

6 miles!

Not all at once, of course.
You've got me beat by about 6 miles, all at once! Congratulations!! My longest season ever was about 3,500 miles, but that was sooooooo last millennium!!!

Well, despite the fact that it was 64 today (a mere 68 degrees higher than it was a week ago) I didn’t get out today, so my official total for the year is…

6 miles!

Not all at once, of course.
Glad to see you paced yourself.
Wouldn’t want to over do it.
Still 6 miles more than me!:p:D

Successful last ride of 2022 today.
My meager stats 1909kms, 90 rides, 121 hours, and 3 PRs.

Today was 46kms.

It finally quit raining so I headed out on River Road with Ladner as the target...
Looks a bit nicer where I'm headed...

Cool trick if you can pull it off...

Fraser River Pile Driving ship...

Under Hwy 99 to Ladner...

Coffee outside at 8c?

Glad I got out. Felt better with a ride under my belt instead of going out with a whimper...

Cheers Peter. I missed my target of 2000kms but got close I guess. Weather and time...
Still, I beat last year by over 400kms, so there's that. :)
Yeah, for us mericans, that's right at 100 miles per month. I'd love to get 100 miles per month in, but we have a few months where you won't get much riding in if any. A couple years ago, I was consistently getting my "1 hour at 15mph" runs in twice a week, but I'd miss one per month sometimes, so 90-100 miles per month, but I'd only get that in in good weather months, and go back to the elliptical when it turned cold. Bike is way more fun and enjoyable (outdoors, etc.) than the elliptical!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, for us mericans, that's right at 100 miles per month. I'd love to get 100 miles per month in, but we have a few months where you won't get much riding in if any. A couple years ago, I was consistently getting my "1 hour at 15mph" runs in twice a week, but I'd miss one per month sometimes, so 90-100 miles per month, but I'd only get that in in good weather months, and go back to the elliptical when it turned cold. Bike is way more fun and enjoyable (outdoors, etc.) than the elliptical!
Looking at my track record in Strava I see that Dec is a sincerely crappy month for riding.

It's great to be in the south. Winter is the best time to ride!

Definitely a solid year, Dave! I appreciate the last vicarious ride of the year.
Thanks Garrett,
This thread has been an inspiration and you very much a part of it.
No idea what 2023 will bring but hoping I can at least match 2022.

Back