A few enhancements to my S2

Where da pics? Thinking of making a couple of changes to my S2 as well. It's a Standard CU22. I might change pickups on mine, a bit too bassy/boomy, and not quite hot enough on the bridge. Since the Standard has a pickguard, and my pickups are covered, would uncovered pickups look too sloppy, too much of a gap, or would they look fine? Not sure which way I'm leaning, but probably uncovered.
I would say the uncovered would be fine. The Mira has uncovered pickups if I'm not mistaken. You might take a look at some pics of those since they are fairly similar in look to your S2 Standard 22. Good luck!

Those white pickup rings make a huge difference. I'm generally not a fan of black pickup rings so all the S2s just look bad to me. The white rings make it look a thousand times nicer IMO. I played the singlecut S2 with the f-hole and thought it was a great sounding guitar.

Great mods. I swapped the pups in my S2 Mira SH for dimarzio evolutions and love it to death now next step is a tortoise pick guard.

I would say the uncovered would be fine. The Mira has uncovered pickups if I'm not mistaken. You might take a look at some pics of those since they are fairly similar in look to your S2 Standard 22. Good luck!

Thanks, might try it.

Once I disabled my Privacy Badger app, the pics popped right back up. Weird that it would block them this time.

Back