makam

After spending sometime playing my core custom 22, I found its neck profile (wide fat) to be the best for my hands and needs. Having also a S2 Custom 22 with a pattern regular neck, which is a bit thiner than the core model but round and big enough for my liking, I decided to pull the trigger for a used 2017 S2 standard 22 satin. Common sense and seller's description commented this having a pattern regular neck. To my surprise and disappointment the neck was thin to very thin and noticed that all S2 tags has no neck profile description. This is a pity as you will never know which profile your S2 guitar has, until you hold it in your hands. And if you buy online it would be so time consuming and disappointing to have to ship the guitar back and in some ocassions you can't even have the opportunity to send it back or refund!
I wish PRS had a better written tag description about S2 neck profiles, at least the same as their core models, as these guitars are also USA made that are not so cheap! I put a photo of this particular S2 tag, if someone can decode and provide info about its neck profile and construction!!
PRS_S2_standard_22_satin_tag.jpg

I'm not positive, but I believe if you email PRS customer service with the serial # and ask, they can give you all the specs including neck carve.
Agree it would be great if all that info was just on all of the tags in the first place

I'm not positive, but I believe if you email PRS customer service with the serial # and ask, they can give you all the specs including neck carve.
Agree it would be great if all that info was just on all of the tags in the first place
Thanks, I will try to contact PRS customer service!
If I have a reply from them I will let you know.

Back