A couple of weeks ago, I brought home my first PRS...

Rod

I was lucky enough to have the opportunity of a lifetime. Chance and circumstance conspired and I am now the Happy Owner of a Pearl White PRS. It's yellowing on some spots. I immediately fell in love with her. Amazing tone, versatility, and it's the most comfortable guitar I've played so far. Just wanted to share with you guys

Thanks guys, does anyone know if should go by the first digit or by the rest of the SN to id what year is this? I checked the year identification page on the PRS site but if I go by first digit it's 87, if I go by approximate SN I get 88

Thanks guys, does anyone know if should go by the first digit or by the rest of the SN to id what year is this? I checked the year identification page on the PRS site but if I go by first digit it's 87, if I go by approximate SN I get 88
If the first digit of the serial number inked on the back of the headstock is a 7, and the first digit of the serial number written in the bridge pickup cavity is a 7, then it's an '87. The serial number ranges listed on the Support page of the PRS website are approximations. Congrats on a killer vintage PRS! Bird inlays are a rare option on an early Standard.

If the first digit of the serial number inked on the back of the headstock is a 7, and the first digit of the serial number written in the bridge pickup cavity is a 7, then it's an '87. The serial number ranges listed on the Support page of the PRS website are approximations. Congrats on a killer vintage PRS! Bird inlays are a rare option on an early Standard.

Thanks for the info, it's 7 on both

An '87 for sure... Don't let Frankie see that one... It's a pristine version of "Casper"!

Anyone know the specs of these pickups? I saw a list but I'm not sure if these are the "standard" or the "vintage" treble and bass

Back