A couple of weeks ago, I brought home my first PRS...

Anyone know the specs of these pickups? I saw a list but I'm not sure if these are the "standard" or the "vintage" treble and bass
An '87 should have Standard Treble and Bass (stamped T and B on the pickup backs) pickups. The Treble pickup has around an 11K DC resistance, 7080 turns of 42 gauge wire, Alnico 5 magnet, with Alnico 5 slugs. The Bass pickup has around an 8.5K DC resistance, 5870 turns of 42 gauge wire, Alnico 2 magnet, with Alnico 5 slugs. Hope that helps.

An '87 should have Standard Treble and Bass (stamped T and B on the pickup backs) pickups. The Treble pickup has around an 11K DC resistance, 7080 turns of 42 gauge wire, Alnico 5 magnet, with Alnico 5 slugs. The Bass pickup has around an 8.5K DC resistance, 5870 turns of 42 gauge wire, Alnico 2 magnet, with Alnico 5 slugs. Hope that helps.

They do have the T and B stamped on the back, I just wasn't sure about which ones they were on the list. Thanks again!

suhweet.jpg

Your first PRS, eh? Hey...you might as well start from the beginning! Very cool guitar. Give it another 28 years of love.

Your first PRS, eh? Hey...you might as well start from the beginning! Very cool guitar. Give it another 28 years of love.

:laugh: I figured I'd take things kinda in chronological order

That is a great first PRS. They got an awful lot right with those early guitars. My favorite PRS by a long shot. Enjoy!

Back