NGD - PRS S2 Vela Silverburst with birds on Ebony Fretboard - 1 of 5 Made

I really don’t think that birds fit the vibe of the Vela but it would be nice if the birds were optional for the people that like them. At the very least they could put birds on the gloss models and leave dots on the satin models. I imagine players that like the more stripped down vibe are more likely to gravitate towards the satin finish and not want birds, those that like bling are going to go for the gloss finish and are more likely to want birds.

I will admit the birds do look pretty decent on that Silverburst finish and ebony fretboard though.

I suppose everyone is different and individual with their opinions and likes. Me? I like the birds because to me it distinguishes the PRS line. I suppose for me it's like asking for a Mustang without the horse emblem. Which I am sure there are. But then again, if they did a line with Dragon inlays like Herman Li's PRS, I wouldn't complain and go in to debt for that one! lol

I really don’t think that birds fit the vibe of the Vela but it would be nice if the birds were optional for the people that like them. At the very least they could put birds on the gloss models and leave dots on the satin models. I imagine players that like the more stripped down vibe are more likely to gravitate towards the satin finish and not want birds, those that like bling are going to go for the gloss finish and are more likely to want birds.

I will admit the birds do look pretty decent on that Silverburst finish and ebony fretboard though.
I like the idea of having the birds with the gloss finish and the dots with the satin finish. It makes a whole lotta sense.

Love it! I'm a sucker for anything in a good silver burst.
I think I might be, too. "Good" is the key. I've been waiting on a Gibson LP Custom in Silverburst that I ordered almost 2 years ago, and I've passed on 4 of them so far because I felt they didn't do the Silverburst well enough. PRS is just a tad more consistent than Gibson though. Lol

I think I might be, too. "Good" is the key. I've been waiting on a Gibson LP Custom in Silverburst that I ordered almost 2 years ago, and I've passed on 4 of them so far because I felt they didn't do the Silverburst well enough. PRS is just a tad more consistent than Gibson though. Lol
As a big Adam Jones fan, I approve of this message

First of all, I apologize for doing whatever is making this post get taken down.
Well, if you new guys would just follow the rules, and get your blood and DNA samples in to the forum admin, we wouldn’t have these delays. At this point, I’m not sure I can ever forgive you… For making me wait all week to see one of the coolest Vela’s I’ve ever seen!

Back