YESSSS!!! They removed the neck binding from the DGT again!

Imo PRS guitars don’t suit binding like say a Les Paul does....it doesn’t look right to me with a black nut and no strip around the end of the fretboard.
Some guitars look right with it ie a 335, some totally wrong ie a Strat....with PRS I prefer the no binding vibe.

dang it! I have one of the old bad ones, have to get a replacement one with the newest look and feel.
NOT ENOUGH PICS
RHULVij.jpg

sMbQsye.jpg

4im05go.jpg

I really liked the binding. The binding gave it that classic look to go with those classic tones. It dressed the guitar up nicely.

They removed the head stock cap and changed the knobs to the simpler original type in addition to removing the binding. The headstocks are now coming out painted the same color as the backs. It therefore becomes important to coordinate top color with backs to avoid odd top verses headstock face color combos. The changes would indicate more of a move to cut labor and thereby production costs. I am sure PRS is delighted to hear of your excitement over the removal and change of features. When features were at the current level you could pick up a painted one or none 10 top for around 2500. With the gradual increase in features and time the starting street price has increased to around 3500. I remember hearing via marketing that they developed this instrument with keeping it an affordable and in reach as candidate for a great working musicians workhorse guitar. That is what it was for me at that time.

Last edited:
Back