YESSSS!!! They removed the neck binding from the DGT again!

Just saw the latest PRS vids on Youtube, and the neck binding is gone from the DGT model again, as it should be IMHO. Kudos to PRS for doing the right thing on a great model.

I’m pretty sure that if it has birds and binding it’s because that’s what DG wants. And if it doesn’t, it’s because DG doesn’t want it anymore.

I’m pretty sure that if it has birds and binding it’s because that’s what DG wants. And if it doesn’t, it’s because DG doesn’t want it anymore.
So, maybe he wanted the change so depending on the year/model, he could have both?

He would have to confirm this, but I thought I remembered that David didn't like the neck binding on his model. I wasn't aware they had switched it back, and I like it!

Pro DGT. David knows how to spec a damned good guitar. Mine has no neck binding and I can’t imagine it with it.

As for binding, I like it, but don’t need it. Of my 4 PS, two have it, two don’t. My 594s have it.

Back in the day, the purpose of a binding, beyond decor, was to prevent feeling sharp fret ends in dry months. Higher end guitars had it, cheaper ones didn’t.

With how carefully dried PRS’ woods are, sharp fret ends are rarely a problem, but a binding has a nice feel, anyway.

For looks, I’m good either way; it’s not very important.

So, I asked Dave about the neck binding when it first came out...he didn't know that it was being added.

Ask me about a goldtop prototype that I was present for the uncasing in September of 2007 at the factory with Dave....

The specs have changed per Mr. Grissom. We try to offer
So, I asked Dave about the neck binding when it first came out...he didn't know that it was being added.

Ask me about a goldtop prototype that I was present for the uncasing in September of 2007 at the factory with Dave....

What about that Green DGT we've been waiting for?

Back