Would you like to bounce with the brother that's platinum?

For as long as I've been a PRS fanboy, I've always been enamored by the Platinum Metallic opaque finish. And all the better to put this finish on a Standard 22, in which there's less reason to show off some sort of figured wood, right?

Well, I now have my grubby little hands on one of these eye-catching beauties! I present to you my new-to-me Standard 22 in Platinum Metallic from the early 2000's:

R8zc3Lv.jpg

I'm not sure what to expect from the Dragon II pickups considering all the conjecture online; but I'm committed to withholding any judgement until the guitar is all cleaned up, polished, set up, and adjusted to my liking.
Nice
I’d go out with her.

For as long as I've been a PRS fanboy, I've always been enamored by the Platinum Metallic opaque finish. And all the better to put this finish on a Standard 22, in which there's less reason to show off some sort of figured wood, right?

Well, I now have my grubby little hands on one of these eye-catching beauties! I present to you my new-to-me Standard 22 in Platinum Metallic from the early 2000's:

R8zc3Lv.jpg

I'm not sure what to expect from the Dragon II pickups considering all the conjecture online; but I'm committed to withholding any judgement until the guitar is all cleaned up, polished, set up, and adjusted to my liking.
Lookin very Sweeeeeet!, I just LOVE opaque guitars❤️

R8zc3Lv.jpg

Man that is sweet!

My first PRS was a 2001 Metallic Green Standard 24. Those were some of the coolest guitars PRS has made, and no question, that was the golden era of PRS.
Oh man, I bet that was cool! The only other opaque metallic finish that could top these would be one of those "Metal" PRS's from the mid-80s.

R8zc3Lv.jpg

Sold mine. The ultimate Platinum would have a Rosewood neck.

Back