So, I was only going to buy green guitars...

I did find it odd that I played more with the volumes and the tone that I usually done.

I found this odd when I first got my DGT but quickly came to appreciate that the guitar sounded best for me with the tone on 7-8 and the volume 5-7. I just picked up a wonderful 53/10 Limited and was just a bit disappointed to find that it likes the tone knob on 10. YMMV, and all that.

I feel the same way - Only going to buy Red guitars but I am struggling to find a Fire Red burst PRS Special 22 and may have to buy one in a different colour... I do know it won't be 'Blue'. I am almost certain that if I bought a colour that isn't red, I would see lots of Red guitars in the model I want suddenly being listed - at least that's how I feel.

Anyway, enough about 'me' :p:D

That is a great looking DGT!! Whether its worth breaking your 'green' collecting for, only you can know. As long as you are happy, even if green DGT's suddenly start appearing, then that's all that matters. Enjoy!!

After playing this guitar a ton this weekend, I thought I would just give a little update. The DGT plays like a dream, but it is currently strung with very light 8-46s strings. I tend to use this gauge almost exclusively in order to make bending easier on my fingernails. With my other PRSi, I feel that this is very much needed, but with the Signature Limited I kept 10s on as the higher frets just make bends a lot easier. The DGT is very much the same, but it almost feels like the neck carve allows me to apply leverage better, i.e. made 11s feel like 10s. I can comfortably say that this is my easiest playing PRS. I plan on ordering a couple of sets of strings and stringing up both the Siggy and the DGT with the same strings and then comparing them again.

Sound wise, I haven’t had too much time with the guitar amped, but I am struggling a little with the overdriven sounds. The bridge pickup has a ragged tone when overdriven and it is a bit more bassy than I am used to. When I get some time, I will start with adjusting the pickup heights. Should get the EQ curve more to my liking, but not sure if it will fix the raggedness. At this point, I prefer the 408 pickups which are slightly smoother sounding and the Siggy itself is brighter. That being said, cleans and light overdrive sound great so I haven’t really been too eager to change anything to the pickups.

Oh, and I forgot to put this in the OP, but the guitar is a 10-top. Probably explains why it is such a looker!

Last edited:
Should just give an update on the bridge pickup. When I get the chance, I tend play through an Orange Rocker 15 combo with a Celestion G10N-40 speaker upgrade. The speaker upgrade was intended to make the amp a little brighter and get rid of the harsh overdrive. With all my other guitars this amp sounds pretty amazing. Practice is through one of my Zoom pedals, always with a modelled Marshall and a drive pedal with headphones. Never struggled with tone on either of the pedals.

The DGT however, was quite dark when compared to my other guitars and also had a ragged overdrive. It was the only guitar where a low E5 power chord would bring in a little bit of mud. Spent some time today doing head to head comparisons with my S2 Singlecut and the S2 just wiped the floor with the DGT. I was already thinking about getting some Pearly Gates or Bareknuckles installed.

Luckily I decided to lower my pickups first. Dropped the bass side of the pickup by a half-turn, the treble side a quarter turn and raised all pole screws half a turn. Cranked the amp and the frown was gone. No need to look for replacement pickups anymore - the slight muddiness is gone and this guitar now sounds like I wanted it to sound. Just the right amount of cut for me to get my 80s kick without sounding wimpy! We are back in business, baby!

Back