world series 2014, anyone?

Agree. 162 game season. Playoff series. 1 game to determine the whole thing.

Bring it!!

Love that there is a game 7. Nothing better in sports.

Torn though - I live in LA, so I am virtually required by law to despise the Giants, BUT...I grew up in Maryland and as I lifelong and die-hard Orioles fan I kind of hope they get to celebrate on the Royals home field tonight.

Joe Buck actually said something useful last night.... of the 10 teams who have forced a game 7 (since whatever year...I can't remember) after being down 3-2, 8 of those teams won it all. Momentum is key. If you are the Giants, I don't see how you can mentally come back from that beatdown last night. Go Royals. Giants have had their share. Lots of no name players on that Royals team that have done nothing but play hard this year. A feel good story no matter how it turns out.

That was an amazing sight to behold. Bumgarner is from some other planet. Great series, and although it doesn't make up for them knocking the Orioles out of it at least I didn't have to watch the Royals celebrate again.

I was hoping for the Royals. However, the difference in the series was the fact that the Giants have an ace pitcher and the Royals do not. If the Royals sign Lester in the offseason, they will be scary good next year.

I'm originally from San Francisco, so the Giants are my hometown team. I usually don't pay much attention to sports unless the Giants are in the Series or the 'Niners headed for the Super Bowl, but that Game 7 was a cliffhanger! Great game--and has it ever happened before that both teams in the Series had no-hitter games?

Back