Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Isnt this a forum for guitars?

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Get lost nerd.

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Draconomics

Fearless Papa of The Brethren of the Crust
For those that may not, entertain me to offer some explanation. So, one of my favorite pastimes is Skyrim. Its sort of a odd thing because its not so much for the game itself but because of what fans have been able to do with it. In a day and age where the video game industry is madly in love with the cruel mistress of greed, seeking to squeeze every last drop from the consumer, Skyrim even 12 years after release, is still chugging along with a wealth of fan made content that is FREE. To see people take a game, which by all game standards is ancient, and completely redesign it into something that looks as good as some high budget titles out today is pretty cool. It feels like one of the last middle fingers to an ever under-delivering game industry and a throwback to days when games were actually released in a finished state.

Rant aside, do any of you play it or any other Elder Scrolls games? Do any of you play games at all? Do you enjoy games from wayback, in the retro era?

Well do ya punk?

I played quite a bit of Skyrim for several years. It was my first delve into RPG, where I finally felt like the RPG elements were well-blended with combat and gameplay mechanics.

I always enjoyed RPG elements but felt the genre really lacked fluid, fun combat mechanics until Skyrim finally came along.

While it's been a bit since I played Skyrim, I still play Witcher 3 regularly and am really looking forward to Starfield.

For those that may not, entertain me to offer some explanation. So, one of my favorite pastimes is Skyrim. Its sort of a odd thing because its not so much for the game itself but because of what fans have been able to do with it. In a day and age where the video game industry is madly in love with the cruel mistress of greed, seeking to squeeze every last drop from the consumer, Skyrim even 12 years after release, is still chugging along with a wealth of fan made content that is FREE. To see people take a game, which by all game standards is ancient, and completely redesign it into something that looks as good as some high budget titles out today is pretty cool. It feels like one of the last middle fingers to an ever under-delivering game industry and a throwback to days when games were actually released in a finished state.

Rant aside, do any of you play it or any other Elder Scrolls games? Do any of you play games at all? Do you enjoy games from wayback, in the retro era?

Well do ya punk?
I still play skyrim. Just this year they released survival mode, which has been a fun extra challenge.

I play some games. I tend to be more Nintendo based these days. I really like the last two Zelda games, Breath Of The Wild and Tears Of The Kingdom. I have spend many hours on these games and love them. I like them because I can play at my own pace and not rely on others online to have fun playing.

I was a huge EverQuest player when that game came out. I number of people I worked with and I all jumped in when it was released. I played that game for many years. I put an obscene amount of hours into it and was honestly kind of hooked on it. It took me a lot of effort to finally break away from it and shut my account down. A number of people I know also started playing WOW. I didn't make that move because I knew it was going to be another huge time suck for me.

I played all kinds of console games going back 30+ years, after spending way too many quarters at the arcades. Got into Call Of Duty around 2007. The PC version. That led to a pretty heavy addition to that game. Built a couple of gaming PCs, which was satisfying. Got fairly good. Was invited to join a group that I played a lot with. In the gaming world, that would be a "Clan". There were only 10, or so, in the Clan and we were called Spawn.Killers. Even had our own website. Played competitively for a time, too. It got to the point where I was playing way too much. Up until 2 in the morning, when the alarm was going off at 4. Just not sustainable. I stopped, cold turkey, between Christmas and New Years Day of 2014. Haven't been back since (I did dip my toe back in with the Xbox version, but that lasted a couple of weeks). Really haven't missed the game portion. The camaraderie with the circle of guys I was playing with is another story. Miss those guys.

I think I've got about 40 hours logged into Skyrim on my PC, and probably a lot more on my old Xbox. I thought about it a couple of weeks ago, until I saw that save file with 40 hours. I just don't have the time. I'd like to.

I play some games. I tend to be more Nintendo based these days. I really like the last two Zelda games, Breath Of The Wild and Tears Of The Kingdom. I have spend many hours on these games and love them. I like them because I can play at my own pace and not rely on others online to have fun playing.

I was a huge EverQuest player when that game came out. I number of people I worked with and I all jumped in when it was released. I played that game for many years. I put an obscene amount of hours into it and was honestly kind of hooked on it. It took me a lot of effort to finally break away from it and shut my account down. A number of people I know also started playing WOW. I didn't make that move because I knew it was going to be another huge time suck for me.
I've always been a big Zelda fan. I've probably played most of the series, but BOTW was brilliant and is my favorite. Havent played TotK yet...well, obvious reasons. Skyrim eats all my game time. I feel the same about being able to just play and not have those pesky always-online mechanics.

I never got into MMORPG games much. I never had a PC good enough, nor an internet connection good enough to do it.

I played all kinds of console games going back 30+ years, after spending way too many quarters at the arcades. Got into Call Of Duty around 2007. The PC version. That led to a pretty heavy addition to that game. Built a couple of gaming PCs, which was satisfying. Got fairly good. Was invited to join a group that I played a lot with. In the gaming world, that would be a "Clan". There were only 10, or so, in the Clan and we were called Spawn.Killers. Even had our own website. Played competitively for a time, too. It got to the point where I was playing way too much. Up until 2 in the morning, when the alarm was going off at 4. Just not sustainable. I stopped, cold turkey, between Christmas and New Years Day of 2014. Haven't been back since (I did dip my toe back in with the Xbox version, but that lasted a couple of weeks). Really haven't missed the game portion. The camaraderie with the circle of guys I was playing with is another story. Miss those guys.
Nice. I've never played CoD myself. Never got into FPS shooters. Only one I really liked, and we need to go way back, was Goldeneye on the N64. That was what, 1997? I do fondly remember those days of staying up till 3AM, waking up at like 6...but I was in my late teens back then. I cant do that anymore. I get sleepy at 9.

I played quite a bit of Skyrim for several years. It was my first delve into RPG, where I finally felt like the RPG elements were well-blended with combat and gameplay mechanics.

I always enjoyed RPG elements but felt the genre really lacked fluid, fun combat mechanics until Skyrim finally came along.

While it's been a bit since I played Skyrim, I still play Witcher 3 regularly and am really looking forward to Starfield.
I'm right there with you. I'm probably in the minority of people who like the simple Skyrim combat, Everybody wants to turn it into Dark Souls or something, but its not my thing. I rather like less flashy, hack-n-slash, slower combat in games.

Never played anything from the Witcher series. Might give it a go....whenever the Skyrim quest is done, but its never truly done. Starfield I'm looking forward to with cautious optimism. I'm kinda scared its going to release quasi-finished.

I'm kinda scared its going to release quasi-finished.

Haha...that seems to be almost a given anymore these days. The game releases, and then there's months, if not years, of patches and updates to round out the edges of the game.

On one hand, it sucks...but on the other hand, I get it. Video games are so much more massive than they have ever been in the past with many more factors going into them than ever before. With as big and ambitious as Starfield looks to be, even after over a decade in development, I just expect there to be all kinds of bugs and fixes that'll need to be addressed.

Hopefully everyone (investers, publishers, and marketers) all learned their lesson with Cyberpunk...that poor game didn't stand a chance. After all it's fixes and patches, though, turned out to be a pretty decent game.

Nice. I've never played CoD myself. Never got into FPS shooters. Only one I really liked, and we need to go way back, was Goldeneye on the N64. That was what, 1997? I do fondly remember those days of staying up till 3AM, waking up at like 6...but I was in my late teens back then. I cant do that anymore. I get sleepy at 9.
I hear ya. I was doing my gaming on CoD between 40 and 47. Way too old for that sh!t. I was up until 10 last night watching Women’s World Cup. I’m a zombie today.

I hear ya. I was doing my gaming on CoD between 40 and 47. Way too old for that sh!t. I was up until 10 last night watching Women’s World Cup. I’m a zombie today.
I totally forgot Women's World Cup was going on.

I cant stay up very late anymore, but I pretty much always wake at 4:30 AM, no matter what. I generally can stay awake for 19 hours a day....most days. I can't do much more than that. I once tried an Ubermensch sleep schedule, which is six short naps at four hours intervals through a day. I couldn't do it longer than a week.

I was involved in something similar that turned into a paintball team. That cost a bunch of money but man was it fun. We traveled over 4 or 5 states playing scenario games. Those were some fun times.

No, will have a good look at Starfield however. I have bought an Xbox X, ...............all ready

I remember when Pong came out.
I do too, and to answer the OP, I've played a lot of Skyrim and probably even more Fallout 4. Hopefully Starfield will be worth the wait when it comes out in September... I'm still trying to make up my mind about Diablo IV.

Just picked Super Mario Bros back up. It's a very frustrating game ;)

Like others have said I just can't make the time to play any sort of long form video game any more, not that its unattractive.

Back