Wood geek alert

If one of those was his around 2013-14, I think I played it at a live event in Boston. I mean, not just me, he let it get passed around and played by everyone, but I thought that was really cool of him. The one on the left looks most familiar...
Cool, so it’s a community guitar! :)

The one on the left is quite recent, a 2018 prototype of the TCI Paul’s. The one on the right is a 2012 guitar and is listed as a prototype of the Private Stock Signature model. I believe it is really the prototype of the Paul’s guitar.

That particular chaltecoco guitar has a very unique woody tone with a pronounced distinct lower register. I rate it very highly! It’s a little similar to the African Blackwood neck.

BTW like you mentioned, I do hope the Collection Series makes a comeback! Nothing like a PRS PS all decked out with Pernambuco and Celtic Knots!
Hmm....

You just sonically described what this guitar sounds like to me! Full Braz neck, but I’m sure this curly slab o koa has something to do with the magic :)

image.jpg

Hmm....

You just sonically described what this guitar sounds like to me! Full Braz neck, but I’m sure this curly slab o koa has something to do with the magic :)

image.jpg
THAT......is one for the house on fire threads!

Back