Who's going to Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...it’s a real thing...

BxXML3a.jpg
If there wasn't a table in front of him I'd be thinking of Jack sayin' "Heeere's Johnny!"

I might go? I haven't been to the factory since its expansion. So it's been a while for sure. On the othe hand I just got 2020 594 sc so no I don't need anything new. Maybe! Lol

I dream that Paul will walk up, smile, and say “Happy Retirement, Rick!” and hands me the antique white 594 Hollowbody II that he’s been saving for me. Then he tells me I can have it on one condition: “You have to buy the case. That’s $4450 plus tax.” He walks away laughing...

Last edited:
I dream that Paul will walk up, smile, and say “Happy Retirement, Rick!” and hands me the antique white 594 Hollowbody II that he’s been saving for me. Then he tells me I can have it on one condition: “You have to buy the case. That’s $4450 plus tax.” He walks away laughing...

I've said this before, but the scariest thing I've ever heard Paul say (and it wasn't to me) was, "Do you have a credit card?"

....as the guitar was sailing through the air!

You laugh.

I saw it.

Seriously.

The first I remember was when he gave one away for a raffle prize. He said something like, "You know, they say it's not really yours until you catch it. Move over there..." The gasps were awesome.

Another year, they built a replica of PRSh's old Les Paul, just to show they could. He held both up, then handed one back and was about to toss the other to an employee, and just before he did, he said, "Which one has the missing screw?" He was thisclose to tossing the real thing.

So we're two months out from Experience PRS 2020.

Sorry to be a bit of a bummer first thing Monday, but we're dealing with this issue at work (travel restrictions, etc), and it is hard to not consider when thinking about fun gatherings:

It appears the spread of COVID-19 is not slowing down outside of China (and I don't trust numbers coming from China).

One has to wonder at what point does PRS make the go/no-go call? A month out? Two weeks out?

That of course assumes there aren't State or Federal mandates banning large-scale gatherings.

Anyone have any thoughts? I guess PRS can't say anything until they officially make a call (if required), just wondering what people's thoughts might be.

Anyone have any thoughts? I guess PRS can't say anything until they officially make a call (if required), just wondering what people's thoughts might be.

Dear Abby,

I want to go to Experience, but I have serious health risk factors. What do you think?

Sincerely,

Prefer To Remain Alive In Michigan

Dear Prefer to Remain Alive,

I suggest you look for an abandoned missile silo to bunker down in immediately.

Sincerely,

Abby

So we're two months out from Experience PRS 2020.

Sorry to be a bit of a bummer first thing Monday, but we're dealing with this issue at work (travel restrictions, etc), and it is hard to not consider when thinking about fun gatherings:

It appears the spread of COVID-19 is not slowing down outside of China (and I don't trust numbers coming from China).

One has to wonder at what point does PRS make the go/no-go call? A month out? Two weeks out?

That of course assumes there aren't State or Federal mandates banning large-scale gatherings.

I’m flying in, so I suppose you could say my exposure chances are higher. But, I remain of the opinion that this is more media than it is anything else, so my plans haven’t changed. Of course, if PRS decides to cancel, it would be nice to do it while refunds can still be had.

It’s a tough call. Big events are being cancelled everywhere, some with pretty short notice. Events that draw people from a wide area seem like good candidates for being cancelled, particularly if the spread of the virus picks up.

I’d like to think most of us are mature enough to self regulate. My current feeling is that if the event gets cancelled, I will still do a friends tour.

It’s a tough call. Big events are being cancelled everywhere, some with pretty short notice. Events that draw people from a wide area seem like good candidates for being cancelled, particularly if the spread of the virus picks up.

I’d like to think most of us are mature enough to self regulate. My current feeling is that if the event gets cancelled, I will still do a friends tour.
Great way to look at it! I can still do a factory tour, and check out Kent Island and Annapolis if nothing else!

I'm of this line of thinking, as well. We'll see how things pan out. I think a lot of what's being reported, and the way it's being reported, is because it's something new. I mean, the CDC has reported that approx 14,000 US citizens have died, so far, during the 2019-2020 flu season. I don't see that being reported. Or, that at least 26 million citizens have suffered from flu like symptoms this season. And, there's a vaccine for that.

Anyone have any thoughts? I

Yes, I have thoughts on the matter. Ignore the media. Ignore the fake news. Wash your hands. Don't get sneezed on. Use your toilet paper wisely (why has this even become an issue??!?!?!?!?) As others have stated, lots of people have already died from the flu. And heart disease. And diabetes. And suicide. etc, etc. Common sense has been lost or ignored completely, and a hysteria has unnecessarily been created over a weak form of the flu. Are you over 80? Are you immune compromised? If the answer is no, you're gonna be ok, even if you contract the virus. Take a deep breath. Use your head. Thank you for the rant opportunity.

We (my office)are being rationed the supplies we need to conduct our business because the uninformed sheep have listened to the fake reporting media and think masks(it doesn't stop the virus...it's too small) and gloves will save them. How long until the medical/dental field have to start asking for relief, or worse, we are unable to treat patients, because we can't get the necessary PPE due to the media created frenzy?

I'll be there with my buddy again this year...I'm curious to see if there will be a "must have" guitar for either of us at the event this year? It's only happened once out of the three years that we've been...GAS will power!! LOL

....as the guitar was sailing through the air!
Oh man...that's NO JOKE!!! Paul did that to me when I was debating over the purchase of a Private Stock! I don't know whom was more freaked out by that...myself of Brian G. of Brian's Guitars as it came towards him.

I'm of this line of thinking, as well. We'll see how things pan out. I think a lot of what's being reported, and the way it's being reported, is because it's something new. I mean, the CDC has reported that approx 14,000 US citizens have died, so far, during the 2019-2020 flu season. I don't see that being reported. Or, that at least 26 million citizens have suffered from flu like symptoms this season. And, there's a vaccine for that.

Yes, I have thoughts on the matter. Ignore the media. Ignore the fake news. Wash your hands. Don't get sneezed on. Use your toilet paper wisely (why has this even become an issue??!?!?!?!?) As others have stated, lots of people have already died from the flu. And heart disease. And diabetes. And suicide. etc, etc. Common sense has been lost or ignored completely, and a hysteria has unnecessarily been created over a weak form of the flu. Are you over 80? Are you immune compromised? If the answer is no, you're gonna be ok, even if you contract the virus. Take a deep breath. Use your head. Thank you for the rant opportunity.

We (my office)are being rationed the supplies we need to conduct our business because the uninformed sheep have listened to the fake reporting media and think masks(it doesn't stop the virus...it's too small) and gloves will save them. How long until the medical/dental field have to start asking for relief, or worse, we are unable to treat patients, because we can't get the necessary PPE due to the media created frenzy?

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I'm still amazed at the mass hysteria surrounding this virus. I was afraid to say anything like this earlier, and am glad I finally read comments like these!

Yes, I have thoughts on the matter. Ignore the media. Ignore the fake news. Wash your hands. Don't get sneezed on.
Well, that wasn't really the focus of my concern. Of course I wash my hands - always have. "Don't get sneezed on" is a bit harder to avoid.

My concern is that if this spreads sufficiently, say to the levels now being experienced in Italy, it is probably going to result in lots of "social restrictions", voluntary or mandatory.

Ha, I better be careful what I say. My annual physical is tomorrow. I don't want to put the Zeus on myself! :eek: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back