Who's going to Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man. I suppose Id'e better get this monkey off my back!!!
I was all saved up for experience last august and then life went Pete Tong ( Wrong)
Luckily I paid my Ps off by then but I suppose s**t happens. Ill get there one day to meet you guys as much as the event.
Anyway enough of all the downers Onwards and Upwards. Have fun you crazy Kids.!!!

Never had Vans. Growing up in Davenport in the 70s and 80s it was Harris or Happy Joes. I liked them both. We used to go to a place in Bettendorf, once in a while, called Beavers East. Great deep dish pizza. No idea if it’s still around. There’s actually a little area on the north side of Chicago that has a handful of “Quad City” style pizza places. I didn’t know that was a thing!

Vans is similar to Harris and Happy Joes. I prefer the sauce at Vans.....plus they have this awesome meat pizza called the T-Rex. Take out or dine in only.

Beavers East on River Dr in Bettendorf closed long before I came up here.....but it is still a pizza joint. No deep dish though. I grew up in Champaign-Urbana and we had Papa Dells and Garcias. Great stuff! None of the thin crust cracker based "pizza".

Yeah.....QC Style pizza is a thing. Like Monicals. Thin crust cut in squares with a certain type of sauce, dough, and sausage. From what I have heard and read, the style originated here. Not my thing at all really. But I but it because the family loves it.

I grew up in Champaign-Urbana and we had Papa Dells and Garcias. Great stuff! None of the thin crust cracker based "pizza".
I lived (in the end temporarily) in Champaign-Urbana for about 6 months - Papa Dell's is the place where if you want to order for lunch, you have to order ahead, and before 11am, to get a deep dish made in time, right? Loved that stuff - nothing like it around Orlando (where I was before and am now), as far as I can find.

So I am sad to see so many forumites possibly not being able to attend Exp 2020. On the other hand, maybe that means I will have better dibs on whatever is on offer from the dealers...

Also, I hadn't considered what impact there might be from Covid-19. France has banned all indoor gatherings of 5000 people or more (so no arena concerts!), and seriously looking at banning all large gatherings. I hope this gets under control by then. It would be a bummer to cancel for that reason. (My wallet would thank me, though.)

Unfortunately I will be unable to make it this year. Maybe the next one though. It’ll also give me time to save up more money for a possible purchase. I hope all of you that are going have a great time though.

I lived (in the end temporarily) in Champaign-Urbana for about 6 months - Papa Dell's is the place where if you want to order for lunch, you have to order ahead, and before 11am, to get a deep dish made in time, right? Loved that stuff - nothing like it around Orlando (where I was before and am now), as far as I can find.

So I am sad to see so many forumites possibly not being able to attend Exp 2020. On the other hand, maybe that means I will have better dibs on whatever is on offer from the dealers...

Also, I hadn't considered what impact there might be from Covid-19. France has banned all indoor gatherings of 5000 people or more (so no arena concerts!), and seriously looking at banning all large gatherings. I hope this gets under control by then. It would be a bummer to cancel for that reason. (My wallet would thank me, though.)

With the jobs that I had, I never considered ordering Papa Dells for lunch. Delivery or eat in was typically an hour wait. But it was well worth it! Awesome stuff.....wish I could find something remotely similar here!

With the jobs that I had, I never considered ordering Papa Dells for lunch. Delivery or eat in was typically an hour wait. But it was well worth it! Awesome stuff.....wish I could find something remotely similar here!
I heard Tony's Chicago Style Pizza has pretty good deep dish. It wasn't around when I lived there. I think there is one in Moline, and one in Davenport.

Wednesday night Troegs?! You read my mind. Let's get it on, brohammers!

You might be surprised to know that after a few Troegs everything starts to look like a ping pong paddle, including Private Stocks!

Imma have to lock some stuff up before I have you guys over to JAMA Studios...unless you bring your own "paddles"...

Wednesday night Troegs?! You read my mind. Let's get it on, brohammers!

You might be surprised to know that after a few Troegs everything starts to look like a ping pong paddle, including Private Stocks!
It happens I am experienced with Troegs, but I’ve never used a private stock ping pong paddle.

:p

Tosca’s Table Tennis Tournament!

Yeah...it’s a real thing...

BxXML3a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back