Which one's better

Steve's addiction

Hendrix put out 2 different versions of Voodoo Child. I personally love the first bluesyer version over Slight Return. Are there other artists who did something similar and which version do you like best? And go!!!

I'm confused by this thread. It looks like the question being answered was "Who else covered Voodoo Child?" But what I understoods the question to be was "Who did one song and then used it as a base for a different song (lyrically or otherwise)?" Am I just overthinking this?

But if the question being asked was "Who else covered Voodoo Child?" then I'll contribute: Eric Gales did a few absolutely great versions.

Wrong thread!:p:D
Oh trust me, I KNOW! There are people here saying SRV Voodoo Chile is better than Jimi's!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I Never Got Into Hendrix...But I Tried A Million Times.
And now it's getting even weirder!!!

If you guys want me to leave the forum, just say so! No need to try to make me stroke out just to get rid of me! o_Oo_O

Oh trust me, I KNOW! There are people here saying SRV Voodoo Chile is better than Jimi's!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

And now it's getting even weirder!!!

If you guys want me to leave the forum, just say so! No need to try to make me stroke out just to get rid of me! o_Oo_O
Where Is Winger? I Like Him. :)

I Can Tolerate Hendrix But Would NEVER Chose To Listen To Anything He Has Done. There Are A Lot Of The "Greats" From That Era That Do Absolutely Nothing For Me. I Have Tried And Tried...Clapton Is Even Worse...

Give Me Some Sabbath And Deep Purple And We Are Good. Who In Their Right Mind Would Take "Layla" or "Spanish Castle Magic" Over Sabbath And Deep Purple's Hits?

I Do Love "Hey Joe" So My Efforts In Trying Weren't Completely Futile. That Should Count For Something Right? ;)

Funny, I was going to start a thread about amp tones, “Voodoo Chile” being one of them.

I’m interested how hard these amps were pushed to create the sounds we hear recorded.

When Hendrix plays that kind of double stop, you can hear a really animalistic tone as the amp is pushed.

Similarly “Sweet Emotion”. I’m not sure if it’s Perry or Whitford, or a combination of the two.

Anyway, as you were.

Guess I should say “poop” or something similar, because I’m not really a serious guy.

I Can Tolerate Hendrix But Would NEVER Chose To Listen To Anything He Has Done. There Are A Lot Of The "Greats" From That Era That Do Absolutely Nothing For Me. I Have Tried And Tried...Clapton Is Even Worse...

Give Me Some Sabbath And Deep Purple And We Are Good. Who In Their Right Mind Would Take "Layla" or "Spanish Castle Magic" Over Sabbath And Deep Purple's Hits?

I can't get my head around liking Black Sabbath under any circumstances I mean, just no. Really.

Deep Purple, OK, I can deal.

I can't get my head around liking Black Sabbath under any circumstances I mean, just no. Really.

Deep Purple, OK, I can deal.

It’s Birmingham (UK, not Alabama) heavy metal. With Ozzy at the helm, what’s to understand?

Edit: to clarify, with his drink/drug fuelled life it’s not easy to understand. Basically Sharon kept him alive.

The longer Voodoo Chile appears to be a long studio blues jam with some serious guys there. The Slight Return seemed (to me) like a “hey look what I can do with a tighter structure.” SRV’s version is a guy enjoying the song and blazing on his hero’s base. With authority. Something we would probably all love to do If we had that talent.

Red House live or Killing Floor live is where the nonbelievers should start for Hendrix.

Back