What's the oldest model year guitar you currently own? Oldest PRS?

My oldest is a 1980 Greco SA-1200 (1959 335 copy), then a Burny Les Paul copy from around 1987. My 'modern' guitars are a 2005 EJ Strat, 2007 fall ltd 814 Taylor and a 2010 PRS 53/10 limited.

Oldest is a Gibson Les Paul Deluxe from 1979. Center top row in this photo:

RPbLsqo.jpg

Oldest PRS is my newly-acquired 1990 CE, alder body maple fretboard.

YR4fNGH.jpg

I bought the Artist new in High School before buying a car! Then quickly bought a Firebird ha gotta love it.
my long lost brother! My dad gave me a choice of a new Sunbird or a guitar as my graduation present. I chose the guitar over a new car! But that was ok since I already had...
a Firebird convertible. :)

my long lost brother! My dad gave me a choice of a new Sunbird or a guitar as my graduation present. I chose the guitar over a new car! But that was ok since I already had...
a Firebird convertible. :)
Still have the Artist (it will never go) even back then I knew Ibanez made a better guitar then Gibson! Today it's mostly PRS and a sweet 74 Formula 400 Firebird for fun.

Last edited:
Still have the Artist (it will never go) even back then I knew Ibanez made a better guitar then Gibson! Today it's mostly PRS and a sweet 74 Formula 400 Firebird for fun.

Yes, mine being my graduation present, and a great guitar, it will never go. I went the other way with the car though. I was always a Pontiac guy (I grew up in the car business with dad being GM of a Pontiac dealer). But with Pontiac gone, I had to go chevy when I got my new car a few months ago.
UPRjy96.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, mine being my graduation present, and a great guitar, it will never go. I went the other way though. I was always a Pontiac guy (I grew up in the car business with dad being GM of a Pontiac dealer). But with Pontiac gone, I had to go chevy when I got my new car a few months ago.
UPRjy96.jpg

Mid-life crisis????

jk....sweet ride!

Ha! Well, I say more like "no more being forced to drive a "dad car" now I can drive what I want! These are the kind of cars I always drove... til I got married. LOL

Nice ride, for sure!!!! Personally, I am more about the "Grandpa Car", lol.....

As far as guitars.....

My oldest guitar is this 1987 Ibanez 540S. I got it new, and still have it as a case queen!!

My oldest PRS is my red Custom 22. It's cased right now, but I am pretty sure it's a 1998 (or maybe a 2008).....

Ha! Well, I say more like "no more being forced to drive a "dad car" now I can drive what I want! These are the kind of cars I always drove... til I got married. LOL

My neighbor is a sales guy at CarMax and both his kids are college age. He won some kind of award that lets him drive a car off the lot for a year. He can drive one for up to a month before he has to change it. Mostly, he's been driving luxury type cars and SUVs. Last week he came home with one of these....

ZsPHpAS.jpg

Challenger Hellcat Demon....or something like that. Big 6.4L and loud as f@ck!

Back