Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Maple

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Rosewood

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Leave it

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters
I think both the ivory and black look good. Can't go wrong either way. I'm not a fan of wooden pickup rings. Maple, maybe, if you can get it to match the natural edge of the top, but even then...

I think both the ivory and black look good. Can't go wrong either way. I'm not a fan of wooden pickup rings. Maple, maybe, if you can get it to match the natural edge of the top, but even then...

Would be cool of you can get Maple rings stained in the colour of the guitar...

The coffee method is always cool, however, I'm not sure how well it would work on PRS parts. I've done it for some F style partscasters parts and the results depend on who's making the parts. I've had to scuff mine up with fine grain sandpaper to get the best results.

Yeah, I tried it on some Ivory tuning keys. Didn't take very well. At least not as well as the white aftermarket knobs I had.

Also here is my guitar for comparison

XVLTKOj.jpg

u8NSVwK.jpg

Now black looks perfect on this one!

Purely vain poll. I'm not digging the Ivory rings on this guitar. Not sure what I should replace them with. Soaking the Ivory ones in coffee for a couple of hours would get me close to body binding, as would Maple rings. Rosewood rings would go with the fretboard and tuner keys. Black would work with the charcoal finish.

What say ye?

FfKIe9f.jpg

I voted to try maple but............ I think chrome ones would really work well but I don’t think you can find chrome for the narrow field. I don’t think black would work, Rosewood 2nd place. My 2 cents

Back