Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Rosewood

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Leave it

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
Purely vain poll. I'm not digging the Ivory rings on this guitar. Not sure what I should replace them with. Soaking the Ivory ones in coffee for a couple of hours would get me close to body binding, as would Maple rings. Rosewood rings would go with the fretboard and tuner keys. Black would work with the charcoal finish.

What say ye?

FfKIe9f.jpg

I want to see it back in Black!!! :D

I wanted a semi-hollow Special and would have bought one in that colour (although I do prefer Fire Red Burst) but couldn't find one in the UK - just Blue or 'Yellow' coloured guitars...

That's a great looking guitar but would certainly look better with Black rings, Maple as a 2nd choice btw

I like the ivory as well , but rosewood would be my second choice. Wouldn’t be bold like black...it would just naturally blend in. Beautiful guitar man. This forum is giving me “the Fever “.

The coffee method is always cool, however, I'm not sure how well it would work on PRS parts. I've done it for some F style partscasters parts and the results depend on who's making the parts. I've had to scuff mine up with fine grain sandpaper to get the best results.

Last edited:
With that finish I'd lean towards keeping the ivory colored rings. If it was darker or a green/blue/violet, I would have gone with black plastics.

Back