Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Maple

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Rosewood

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Leave it

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters
Your fret board us dark enough for ebony rings.

I had maple rings on my cu 24 and it matched the binding but didn't look right with black.lamp shades and rwood board.

I voted Rosewood, but you could probably go Ebony as well. I just think wood rings would give it a more premium vibe. I think maple would also look good, but I don’t know it the change would be different enough to satisfie your will to change the looks on your guitar.

9r0izufx0wg21.jpg

Not my guitar, but found this person who has black pickup rings. I thought it might help giving you an idea of how it’d look. Personally I think black is too dark for the rest of the guitar. I still think ebony or rosewood are the way to go if you want something darker. The coffee idea might be nice as well.

I remember Chappers talking about his brand new 594 DC (I'm pretty sure it was his 594), as well as the Captain, and both agreed that that guitar was the best tone that Chappers had ever gotten. Then he starts saying "Errrrrr, idk about the finish . . .", which granted I didn't like too much either, but for GOD'S SAKE, if the tone is actually there, WHO CARES if the finish isn't quite what you wanted?!
Then he said something like "Well, I COULD just sand down the finish and then have it refinished", and again, I'm just thinking MY GOD IN HEAVEN, why in the name of F**K would you monkey about with something that EVERYONE AGREES is the best tone you've ever gotten?! If he ever actually did that, I'd give anyone 10 to 1 odds that he'd screw up the tone of that guitar permanently and regret it more than Germans regret the 40s.
Obviously, this isn't NEARLY as big of a deal, because I really don't think different pickup rings will matter, but this is still just a vain first world problem. Don't monkey about, man. Just eat a nice rare steak, play your pretty guitar, and call it a life.

“Mr. Bezos, I like your sense of humor! That’s a really great copy of the Mona Lisa, and it’s fun that you had whoever made it paint a mustache on it.”

“That’s not a copy. I bought the original.”

“Wait, you bought the most iconic work of art in the history of mankind and painted a mustache on it?”

“It was a nice painting, but I wanted to truly make it mine.”

Back