What is Goldtop listening to?

Okay, I can't put off the ZZ any longer. Here are a few versions of "Ten Foot Pole" including one by Billy and The BFGs. By the way, I saw Billy on that tour, and it was one of the coolest gigs I have ever been fortunate enough to catch. Dig it:

Billy with his short scale Bolin 'Cohiba-casters', a percussionist/DJ guy, twin keyboard players, and twin female drummers. Those ladies were so cool it's ridiculous! One looked like she had several knives on her and knew how to use 'em, and the other - my fave - was soooo good. S-o-l-i-d and right in the pocket. She looked like she might have come from a church social; she was wearing breezy a summer dress and a pair of flipflops! And she killed it! Incredible stuff. Great guitar tones and fantastic rhythms all night long. Folks, if you missed that "Perfectamundo" Tour you really missed a treat. Oh, and I forgot to mention the super blinged-out low rider bicycle stage prop. Viva! (I should go look up everybody's name, and I mean no disrespect by not doing so, but Gramps here is getting old and forgetful and he's in a hurry, so please overlook his failings.)

A ZZ live in Germany version from 1982.

From the early 90's. I love this one.

The studio version from "El Loco".

Billy and The BFGs live in Houston.

Goldtop Lloyd - Huge Billy and ZZ Fan

Okay, I can't put off the ZZ any longer. Here are a few versions of "Ten Foot Pole" including one by Billy and The BFGs. By the way, I saw Billy on that tour, and it was one of the coolest gigs I have ever been fortunate enough to catch. Dig it:

Billy with his short scale Bolin 'Cohiba-casters', a percussionist/DJ guy, twin keyboard players, and twin female drummers. Those ladies were so cool it's ridiculous! One looked like she had several knives on her and knew how to use 'em, and the other - my fave - was soooo good. S-o-l-i-d and right in the pocket. She looked like she might have come from a church social; she was wearing breezy a summer dress and a pair of flipflops! And she killed it! Incredible stuff. Great guitar tones and fantastic rhythms all night long. Folks, if you missed that "Perfectamundo" Tour you really missed a treat. Oh, and I forgot to mention the super blinged-out low rider bicycle stage prop. Viva! (I should go look up everybody's name, and I mean no disrespect by not doing so, but Gramps here is getting old and forgetful and he's in a hurry, so please overlook his failings.)

A ZZ live in Germany version from 1982.

From the early 90's. I love this one.

The studio version from "El Loco".

Billy and The BFGs live in Houston.

Goldtop Lloyd - Huge Billy and ZZ Fan

I saw him with the BFG's too. Little 800 seat theater. Frickin' hot. Those two ladies on drums were killer. Great show! Too short though!

Happy Monday Everybody! May you each have a great day today, and an entire week of the same.

Happy Birthday to one of my favorite singers. This guy has been in the business a long while. He tried a little bit of everything to make it, including a short trip through Hair Metal. He even had an audition to replace Ozzy in Sabbath, a position that he didn't get. (Lucky for all concerned I have to say.) Now he's made The Big Time, my friends, and by that of course I mean... Social Security! Michael Bolotin/Bolton turns 65 today.

The band Blackjack doing "Love Me Tonight". Two albums (1979 and 1980) of what I thought was not bad AOR/Power Pop-type stuff. Bruce Kulick (post Meat Loaf and pre KISS) with a 70s stache and nifty Goldtop LP in this video.

Get a load of this album cover. Could anything shout "70's Rock & Roll" more than this? Tons of hair. Each dude in some manner of unique casually dressy attire. Four dudes = four facial expressions:
'Hey, Sexy Lady. I've been to the doc and I'm all clear and ready to go so bring your fine self on over'.
'I'm quiet and contemplative, but I'm still up for a good time so wait for me in the limo. And keep those heels on, okay Honey?'.
'Let's wrap up this photo session cause I've got a chick waiting'.
'Let's wrap up this photo session cause I wanna go guitar shopping'.​
Add some Japanese text which says 'We've been around. We know all about bullet trains and geishas and communal baths and Budokan and Mr. Udo and post show sushi fights'. Blackjack doing "Welcome to The World".

Michael Bolton solo. "Said I Loved You But I Lied".

It's Monday, so I need to get my heart ticking and get moving. This one will do the job. I've posted it before, but that's because I listen to it often. Solo Michael Bolton and "Everybody's Crazy". Pardon me while I try to blow out my headphones. Happy Birthday, Michael!

Goldtop Lloyd

Happy Monday Everybody! May you each have a great day today, and an entire week of the same.

Happy Birthday to one of my favorite singers. This guy has been in the business a long while. He tried a little bit of everything to make it, including a short trip through Hair Metal. He even had an audition to replace Ozzy in Sabbath, a position that he didn't get. (Lucky for all concerned I have to say.) Now he's made The Big Time, my friends, and by that of course I mean... Social Security! Michael Bolotin/Bolton turns 65 today.

The band Blackjack doing "Love Me Tonight". Two albums (1979 and 1980) of what I thought was not bad AOR/Power Pop-type stuff. Bruce Kulick (post Meat Loaf and pre KISS) with a 70s stache and nifty Goldtop LP in this video.

Get a load of this album cover. Could anything shout "70's Rock & Roll" more than this? Tons of hair. Each dude in some manner of unique casually dressy attire. Four dudes = four facial expressions:
'Hey, Sexy Lady. I've been to the doc and I'm all clear and ready to go so bring your fine self on over'.
'I'm quiet and contemplative, but I'm still up for a good time so wait for me in the limo. And keep those heels on, okay Honey?'.
'Let's wrap up this photo session cause I've got a chick waiting'.
'Let's wrap up this photo session cause I wanna go guitar shopping'.​
Add some Japanese text which says 'We've been around. We know all about bullet trains and geishas and communal baths and Budokan and Mr. Udo and post show sushi fights'. Blackjack doing "Welcome to The World".

Michael Bolton solo. "Said I Loved You But I Lied".

It's Monday, so I need to get my heart ticking and get moving. This one will do the job. I've posted it before, but that's because I listen to it often. Solo Michael Bolton and "Everybody's Crazy". Pardon me while I try to blow out my headphones. Happy Birthday, Michael!

Goldtop Lloyd

..... and Michael is also a PRS owner.

^^ and luscious locks of gold...Happy Monday to you too Goldtop! I can honestly say I have never said that before? Hmmm, I kinda like it:)

Hi Goldtop, happy Monday!

I hope you don’t mind me dropping this tune in here. It’s a trip down memory lane for me, from about 40 years ago!

Louie Shelton was one of the reasons I knew I had to play guitar

I tried to decide what genre this might fall into.

And I’m guessing while we’re wishing a “Happy Monday” - Step On

Hi Goldtop, happy Monday!

I hope you don’t mind me dropping this tune in here. It’s a trip down memory lane for me, from about 40 years ago!

Louie Shelton was one of the reasons I knew I had to play guitar

I tried to decide what genre this might fall into.

And I’m guessing while we’re wishing a “Happy Monday” - Step On
Alright! Thanks very much.

Goldtop

Today is also the birthday of one of my heroes - musical or otherwise - Mr. Johnny Cash.

"Get Rhythm"!

Goldtop LPC

Back