What is Goldtop listening to?

Friday evening in The USA! I'm feeling all musical and stuff, and since I'm in more of a listening mood than a playing one, here I go.

I just posted this one over in Shawn's fine thread about favorite/memorable lyrics. So thank you Shawn for the inspiration!

Lee Ann Womack and Sons of The Desert doing "I Hope You Dance".

Goldtop Lloyd

I think this song is amazing. The viewpoint, the delivery, the production, the playing... Wow. Simple, understated, and so powerful. Just listen to the s p a c e in the Tracy Chapman version; great stuff. This is "Give Me One Reason".

The Tracy Chapman version.

The Junior Wells cover version.

Goldtop Lloyd

I could go on and on about Mr. Johnny Cash and what his music - and his life - means to my own. I cannot imagine my life without Mr. Cash in it, and I wouldn't want to try. Someday I hope to meet him and thank him for all he has done and continues to do for me.

"Hurt".

Goldtop Lloyd

Many, many, many thanks to Shawn for reminding me of this one! From the Glory Days of Austin City Limits, this is Joe Ely with THE MAN, Mr. David Grissom on a snazzy seafoam green PRS doing "Row of Dominoes". YES!

Goldtop Lloyd

More prime Texas Goodness from Joe Ely and David Grissom (and bandmates of course). This is "I Keep My Fangernails Long So They Click When I Play The Piano". Ohhhhh Baby!!!

Goldtop LPC - In the part of Texas where Joe and I come from we have fangers, y'all. :cool:

Stating the obvious here, David Grissom has been a Monster for a long time. This is from the same gig as the previous post. It's called "Are You Listening, Lucky?".

Goldtop

I hope you don't mind Lloyd...all this musical goodness made me need to share some Alabama goodness...via Texas of course. This guy is the real deal...best singer/songwriter I've heard in some time. Blows me away at my very core everytime I listen to him!

I hope you don't mind Lloyd...all this musical goodness made me need to share some Alabama goodness...via Texas of course. This guy is the real deal...best singer/songwriter I've heard in some time. Blows me away at my very core everytime I listen to him!

Last edited:
ScottR,

(I'm out of practice posting so let's try this again. Sorry...)

Absolutely not; please feel free to share. This thread is open to everybody. It only has my handle attached to it because way back when James started it I made a nuisance of myself and posted in it A LOT and he showed what a serious amount of class he has and changed its name. I guess it was either that or bar me! :confused:

Jason Isbell: That guy can play. I'd love to see him live.

Goldtop Lloyd

P.S. - Thanks again, James. I mean this sincerely; Every time I come here I think of you and your kindness. I hope you're doing well and you're watching.

I have been in a mood for some good old guitar music all day, and now my wait is over. Atlanta Rhythm Section doing "Homesick".

Goldtop

Peter Frampton says you're "Lyin'", and I have no reason to doubt him.

Goldtop

P.S. - Guitar solos, tons of keyboards, a bassline that may or may not actually be a bass, lots of nice clothes, lots of energy... Cool.

And while he may have been born in - and died in - Mississippi, Mr. Robert Johnson recorded the cuts we revere to this day in Texas. Here's "Me and The Devil Blues".

Goldtop

Back