What is Goldtop listening to?

This is David "Bucket" Colwell with Adrian Smith on lead vocals. "Reach Out". Special thanks to this YouTuber for sharing; I can't believe it was on there.

Goldtop

Last edited:
Journey and "Who's Crying Now". Monster.

Goldtop Lloyd

P.S. - I love this guitar solo, and I know I'm not alone. Beautiful. Who needs words?

Alright! A.S.A.P. (Adrian Smith And Project) and "When She's Gone". My suggestion? Volume on 'Scare the Cat'...

Goldtop

Journey doing "Don't Stop Believin'". Another Monster! ( The final episode of "The Sopranos" almost ruined this tune for me. Almost, but not quite.)

Goldtop - Fuggedaboutit :cool:

Journey live in Japan doing "Just The Same Way". Mr. Schon on a nifty Ovation UKII solidbody. (Well, mostly solid anyway.)

Goldtop LPC

Neal Schon, John Waite, Jonathan Cain, Deen Castronovo, Ricky Phillips + a Diane Warren power ballad = Hit! Bad English and "When I See You Smile". This time, Mr. Schon is playing one of his own brand. Sounds pretty good for not being plugged in!

Goldtop Lloyd

Alright! A.S.A.P. (Adrian Smith And Project) and "When She's Gone". My suggestion? Volume on 'Scare the Cat'...

Goldtop

Wow! I missed these Adrain Smith projects. I was only aware of his Pyscho Motel releases. Two, I think. So glad he's back in Maiden!

Journey doing their double - "Feelin' That Way" + "Anytime".

Goldtop + LPC

Much like "Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'" followed by "City Of The Angels", this is a pairing that sounds incomplete to me if only of the two is played. They belong together. Just like "Detroit Rock City" and "King Of The Nighttime World".

Another refugee from the Bands... thread. I grabbed a different CD for my buddy at a sale yesterday, but the store owner and I got talking about Mr. Campbell, and he mentioned that he couldn't listen to this song because he has a son named Billy and it hits way too close to home. Don't blame him - I couldn't listen to this if I had a kid named Billy.

So let's bring the mood up - another thread refugee, this time from the Memorable Lyrics thread. A Tim Michin classic that chokes me up every time I listen to it.

Wow! I missed these Adrain Smith projects. I was only aware of his Pyscho Motel releases. Two, I think. So glad he's back in Maiden!
Me too. I just can't imagine Iron Maiden with anything but the famous, most well known lineup. Those Urchin tracks scream to me 'We're UFO fans'. No problem!

Goldtop

Happy Thursday everybody. March 1st.

Happy Birthday today to Mike d'Abo, former lead singer for Manfred Mann. In his honor, here's "The Mighty Quinn".

The Mighty Goldtop

Mike d'Abo wrote one of my favorite songs of all time - "Handbags and Gladrags". This is his version.

Goldtop Lloyd

This is the Rod Stewart version of "Handbags and Gladrags" that sent it over the moon. From his MTV's Unplugged (and Seated) album. Check out all of the heavy hitters in this group...

Goldtop Lloyd - Once I Was a Young Man...

Back