What do you drive?

My guitar habit has kept these in the garage for a while.

full.jpg

full.jpg

My pride and joy! 2014 Porsche Carrera S. This is me just meeting my new baby at the Porsche factory in Zuffenhausen. Picked it up and spent the next 2 weeks driving around Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The best 2 weeks of my life! This was followed by the agonizing 4-6 week wait for the car to be shipped over to the states.

DSCF0114.jpg

DSCF0219.jpg

There are some very nice cars in this thread!

My ride used to be this...

IMG_1224_resize_zps8efdf331.jpg

Then I got this...
IMG_0560_2_zps130a1a4f.jpg

So I got this to haul that....
Photo0026_resize_zpsb6eae30d.jpg

I really enjoy driving my wife's ride.

IMG_2339_resize_zpsb151a942.jpg

Bangin'! That's what I'm rolling in right now... few years newer, but not many.

:box:
In all fairness, his was an '88 with 43K original miles. Cars like that always seem to be owned by older folks who like big cars like they used to make, who only ever drive up the street to the grocery store or doctor's office (hence the great grandmother comment). There's a reason why cops and cabbies love those, they haul ass if driven properly and last forever.

My 2014 Hyundai accent GL.... Can hold four cased guitars, two amp heads and two cabs.....my daughter made sure I got a car that can hold gear lol

In all fairness, his was an '88 with 43K original miles. Cars like that always seem to be owned by older folks who like big cars like they used to make, who only ever drive up the street to the grocery store or doctor's office (hence the great grandmother comment). There's a reason why cops and cabbies love those, they haul ass if driven properly and last forever.

I was just foolin' buddy! I actually call my Grand Marquis "Grand Ma" and put my hand over the "rquis" part of the logo while making the joke to unlucky passengers. :big grin:

Hell Yeah! These haul ass! I used to think cops and cabbies were being D-bags when I would see them would peel out in these as a young skater-dude.. Nope! You can barely help yourself from laying rubber at a stop sign. I'm getting nervous for winter to arrive with this thing, a rear-wheel drive 2-ton boat with an ass-ton of power under the hood in the snow? I'm screwed.

My pride and joy! 2014 Porsche Carrera S. This is me just meeting my new baby at the Porsche factory in Zuffenhausen. Picked it up and spent the next 2 weeks driving around Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The best 2 weeks of my life! This was followed by the agonizing 4-6 week wait for the car to be shipped over to the states.

DSCF0114.jpg

DSCF0219.jpg

Loving this too. Sweet ride Kevin! Jealous again :D!

Love the Porsche! 911s are my all time favorite car. Does it drive as good as it looks?

I've owned the last 3 generations of 911. This car is a giant leap forward. Moving the rear axle a bit towards the back of the car has imparted more of a mid engine feel, while not losing the kick in the ass feel of the rear engine, rear wheel drive car. The increased overall dimensions of the car imparts stability that a 911 has never had. Detractors say that the feeling of a TRUE 911 has been lost, but I suppose that is always the case with each succeeding generation. I love the normally aspirated engine. Not sure how long you're going to be able to get one. I've owned other Porsches as well. I wouldn't trade this car for anything. Unlike my others, I plan to keep this one for a very long time!!

Kevin

Love the Porsche! 911s are my all time favorite car. Does it drive as good as it looks?

I've thought about a Nissan GT-R or some type of Porsche. I could see one or the other happening in 2-3 years if I get the itch, but I just got my new 'Ru and am loving it.

Got myself a Chevy Cruze a while back... not the fanciest car in this thread, but it holds my gear and the mpg's are great!
14731388314_6b07f507e0_c.jpg

14733456292_063a7f77f8_c.jpg

It may be a modest ride, but after 4 years of city life with no car (just a bicycle), the two extra wheels, a motor, heat and A/C feels prettttyyyyy damn good!

I'm always amazed at the musicians who drive tiny sports cars. I always think, where would I put my 4x12? Or my wife's Ampeg 8x10 for that matter?

For me it's simple, I don't gig anymore. If I want to go somewhere and jam my 2x12 50 watt 5150 and 2-3 guitars with my GNX4 will fit in any of my cars including the Vette. If I ever need something bigger I'd rent a Uhaul. When I was gigging I had a truck too.

I hope you're not accusing me of being a musician. Not with the sounds that I make!:biggrin:

I'm always amazed at the musicians who drive tiny sports cars. I always think, where would I put my 4x12? Or my wife's Ampeg 8x10 for that matter?

Last edited:
Back