What do you drive?

ezkahuna

Are PRS players snobs? I know I tend to look at someone a little different when he/she pulls a PRS from their guitar case on open jam nights. I usually figure this guy has a big house and fancy car too. :)

I still truck around in my 2000 Benz thats about to roll over to 200,000 miles. I used to get looks at the car wash when I pulled up...now it's just too old to turn heads. Much like it's driver. What do you drive?

2013-03-02104912.jpg

1996 Ford F250 with the Powerstroke diesel engine. It sounds like a train and pulls like one too. It will still out tow most newer trucks and has 300k miles. Plus it nails down 20 mpg and its paid for!

I don't think that PRS players are snobs. We just know what plays the best and we're not willing to settle for anything less.

A 16 year old import. Darned thing is black and I can't drive it thru car washes which mean my Saturday mornings are all busy. :( But she's worth it.

Hey 11Top, can you get your SnakeMobile in the car wash?

2008 MB C300 4Matic. About 55k miles so far. I drove my last car for 10 years before I really had a want for a new one. I am hoping that will be the case with my C300 as well.

I used to "drive the women crazy", now, I just "drive everyone crazy" ʘ‿ʘ.

eeeh, maybe not so much ¯\_(⊙︿⊙)_/¯.

Last edited:
2005 Mazda RX-8. Rotary Engine... Oh yea!
IMG_1148_zpsdc192e64.jpg

Florida shot
P1000651_zps3e90afcf.jpg

North East Shot- pretty good in the snow with all season tires.
BobCar_zps4a35cc98.jpg

Last edited:
My current motor is a SEAT Exeo ST (Old Audi A4) 170bhp Diesel, leather, Climate control, Cruse Control, iPod dock, Satnav, blah, blah, blah.

Its a company car and I must say I love it, I cane the living daylights out of it every day and it has never missed a beat, its low on tax too compared to an equivalent BMW or Audi due to its lower value (in the UK we pay more income tax if you have a company car based upon emissions and retail value of the car), and Diesel is about £1.40. per litre or £6.30 per UK Gallon over here currently.

I have done 60,000 miles in it since new (18 months) and have another 60 before she goes back.

Seat_Exeo_ST_2.0_TDI_Sport_Magicoschwarz.JPG

However what I would really like is

McLaren-MP4-12C-18.jpg

An Alfa Romeo GT 1.9 JTD. Reasonably quick, handles great, good for 45mpg+ on a long journey and - if I put my PRS in a gig-bag - I can get my full rig in the boot!

Just cost me about $1700 to service, though! Guess that's what you get for buying a cheap Alfa that hasn't been serviced for 30k miles but it should be set now.

8683162250_9033139eda_z.jpg

Last edited:
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser decked out for exploring/camping.
Daily driver, and I get around 16 to 17 MPG city/freeway with it.
More on a longer trip.

1.jpg

2.jpg

23.jpg

37.jpg

I consider myself to be about as far from a snob as a person can get, and if there is a stereotype about PRS players having fancy wheels then I'm a miserable failure in that department. I've got a 1987 Dodge full size pickup with 118,000 miles on it. That's not too bad for being 26 years old, but still... TWENTY-SIX YEARS OLD! Mine is similar to the one pictured below.

1981_20.jpg

Lloyd/Goldtop

Back