What are you listening to right now?

Swallow The Sun-The Morning Never Came

D0a33Co.jpg

So I was at the recycling center this morning, and they had their radio tuned to 'Bob Radio' and this song came on...I had to hear it again and found this live performance. Three things: 1) The guitar part...dude, this is the greatest one chord riff, you just need to remember when not to play, 2) the sound of the snare drum, pow, pow, pow...so great and 3) it's the perfect dance/wedding/party band song, medium tempo, nothing weird or dirty, just a in the pocket, hypnotic groove...

Enjoy~!

Last edited:
I loved this album when i was a teenager, brings back happy memories

This album was such a departure from what I was listening to at the time, but the songs were so catchy that I bought it anyway. 30 years on, and I still love it and I think the whole ablum has held up remarkably well compared to some of their peers.

So last night I fell down the youtube rabbit hole and spent way too much time revisiting vintage fm radio one hit wonders, including this overlooked gem:

He also did a CD as Thornley. It sounds pretty much like Big Wreck.

Yep. I've got all of of his stuff wrapped up in a Thornley/Big Wreck playlist. Still baffles me how he's not a bigger act other than he's in Canada. Then again, look at the Tragically Hip. Massively huge in Canada (until Gord's passing) but couldn't get airplay in the States except in border cities like Detroit that could pick up Canadian radio stations.

Back