What are you listening to right now?

D@mn, just saw that John Prine is sick...

Just a couple of my favorite Prine songs:
Growing up near St Louis we saw Peabody coal cars sitting on the Illinois side of the river anytime you went downtown.

Covered by Bonnie Raitt, Carly Simon, John Denver and many others, the Tedeschi Trucks live version is a standout IMHO:

Sunday vinyl...

R-8630176-1465497933-1509.jpeg.jpg

Bruh...JB is THE f@&$in MAN! One of my favorite singer/songwriter/musicians of all time!

The first time I heard Jason Isbell he very much reminded me of JB.

I grew up listening to Jackson Browne hits on the radio, but since I was a kid I never paid much attention. Then about 20 years ago I saw Jackson on Austin City limits and I was blown away. His songwriting is on another level.

@Shawn@PRS Post about Jackson Brown made me not only think about how much I really dig his music...but also how I much I dig Jason Isbell...even if you aren't into "Americana" or this type of music in general...do yourself a favor and check him out...his songwriting and musicianship is as real as it get! IMHO.

I'm also a huge fan of Isbell's. Vampires is the perfect love song IMO, it's vulnerable without being sapping. I saw Jason and his band play a few years ago. His wife Amanda Shire is the band's fiddle player. Jason talked about how he wrote Cover Me Up for Amanda at the beginning of their relationship and he wrote Vampires for her after they were married.

D@mn, just saw that John Prine is sick...

Just a couple of my favorite Prine songs:
Growing up near St Louis we saw Peabody coal cars sitting on the Illinois side of the river anytime you went downtown.

Covered by Bonnie Raitt, Carly Simon, John Denver and many others, the Tedeschi Trucks live version is a standout IMHO:

It's too bad about John, I hope he's able to pull through. Here's just one of the many terrific sons he's given us.

I was fortunate enough to see Sabbath on the Mob Rules tour back in the day. What a show!

Your link sent me down a Sabbath rabbit hole on youtube until I ended up on Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Still one of my favorite Sabbath albums.

Jealous! I never got to see Sabbath at all, and I never got to see Dio.

How do you like "Born Again"? It's one of my favorite Sabbath albums, although the mix is not good. I found a boot of the 'unmixed' version, with some of the songs incomplete, and the sound is clearer.

It's too bad about John, I hope he's able to pull through. Here's just one of the many terrific sons he's given us.

Good news - there was a report from his family that he's now in stable condition.

Jealous! I never got to see Sabbath at all, and I never got to see Dio.

How do you like "Born Again"? It's one of my favorite Sabbath albums, although the mix is not good. I found a boot of the 'unmixed' version, with some of the songs incomplete, and the sound is clearer.

Good news - there was a report from his family that he's now in stable condition.

I really liked Born Again when it was released, but I don't think it's held up as well as some of the other albums.

I'm glad to hear John's condition is improving!

Back