What are you listening to right now?

So my band mates and I have been having a conversation about a song our other guitarist has written.

He and the keyboard player have made different mixes of the song and it is evolving.

This is an evolution of song that I have loved for many years.

Bonus disc.

220px-In_the_Court_of_the_Crimson_King_-_40th_Anniversary_Box_Set_-_Front_cover.jpeg

So my band mates and I have been having a conversation about a song our other guitarist has written.

He and the keyboard player have made different mixes of the song and it is evolving.

This is an evolution of song that I have loved for many years.

Have you given a listen to The Ataris doing a cover of this song? Awesome! As I've always said a great song will always be a great song.

I don't listen to metal music often these days, but Mastodon have been and always will be one of my favorite bands of any genre. This just sounds so good right now trying to get through some work stuff.

40mJOes.jpg

I really dig Mastodon. First got to see them on the Crack The Skye tour when they toured with Dethklok. Great presentation of that album live.

Don't know how many of you are familiar with Editors. This show was on the Best Kept Secret festival that I attended, also my last festival.

The whole setting was just perfect with thousands of people standing on a field in the pouring rain. I was close enough to see the show without having to look on a screen and to feel the heat. Can keep watching this on repeat!

And oldie but a goodie...If you weren't around then, this song was a GIGANTIC HIT VIDEO...and defined the times...

Play it LOUD...It really kicks, hard...

Dire Straits’ set that day was dynamite. If it wasn’t for Queen, they might have stolen the day. I had driven to a friend’s apartment the night before because she had cable and had to work that day, so I stayed there and ran two VCRs catching as much as I could. She came home for lunch and we watched Dire Straits. They were coming to town, and we had talked about getting tix, but hadn’t decided. After their set, she reached in her purse, pulled out her checkbook, wrote me a check and said, “Buy the f*^%ing tickets.” Good thing - it was the only time they came to town, and it sold out.

I still have my tapes, even though I haven’t had a Beta machine in years. Someday...

Dire Straits’ set that day was dynamite. If it wasn’t for Queen, they might have stolen the day. I had driven to a friend’s apartment the night before because she had cable and had to work that day, so I stayed there and ran two VCRs catching as much as I could. She came home for lunch and we watched Dire Straits. They were coming to town, and we had talked about getting tix, but hadn’t decided. After their set, she reached in her purse, pulled out her checkbook, wrote me a check and said, “Buy the f*^%ing tickets.” Good thing - it was the only time they came to town, and it sold out.

I still have my tapes, even though I haven’t had a Beta machine in years. Someday...

The first VCR I had was a Betamax...there's still a few on eBay...and dig that Les Paul...what a great looking and sounding axe...

Back