We Have A Sex Problem, Houston!

No that would be “them”
A long time ago when the earth was green my grade 10 French teacher was referencing a book. In his attempt to explain the use of pronouns he cited "He, She, it". Much to our delight (and to his horror) he shortened and amalgamated the last two words and the class erupted.

A long time ago when the earth was green my grade 10 French teacher was referencing a book. In his attempt to explain the use of pronouns he cited "He, She, it". Much to our delight (and to his horror) he shortened and amalgamated the last two words and the class erupted.

In Dundee it must be He, She, ite.

My guitars are acoustic or electric. This he/she/we/them crap infers that a guitar is an actual living breathing flesh bag, full of blood and urine, which they are not. With the exception of one, my guitars are named by the factory, CU24, 245, Kestrel, etc. the only names I use are this one, that one, the other one, the red one, or something along those. The exception is the McCarty HBII which I named after the daughter we lost 26 years ago. And while I am ranting, I don't think Naval Vessels should be referred to using the feminine pronoun "She." It's a ship, not a woman, it doesn't look smell, taste or sound like any woman I know or knew.

I'm really not angry, I took my anti-depressant this morning, Just adding my 2 cents to the til.

My guitars are acoustic or electric. This he/she/we/them crap infers that a guitar is an actual living breathing flesh bag, full of blood and urine, which they are not. With the exception of one, my guitars are named by the factory, CU24, 245, Kestrel, etc. the only names I use are this one, that one, the other one, the red one, or something along those. The exception is the McCarty HBII which I named after the daughter we lost 26 years ago. And while I am ranting, I don't think Naval Vessels should be referred to using the feminine pronoun "She." It's a ship, not a woman, it doesn't look smell, taste or sound like any woman I know or knew.

I'm really not angry, I took my anti-depressant this morning, Just adding my 2 cents to the til.
I don't name my guitars either, or think of them as male or female.

Back